Menu

unable to connect to mortalnet

tetra
2005-01-10
2013-04-15
  • tetra

tetra - 2005-01-10

Is there a problem with mortalnet at the moment? I noticed that the last update on the openmortal project was more than 3 months ago and wondered if my inability to connect to the mortalnet server might be related. Is the server still up and running? Are ppl still playing on mortalnet?

• UPi

UPi - 2005-01-12

I have restarted MortalNet.

• Josef H. B. Schneider

I can't connect!
      Is it still online?

• UPi

UPi - 2005-07-30

Actually, no.
        OpenMortal is no longer maintained.
        If there is still a need for MortalNet, I can run it, though.

• tetra

tetra - 2005-08-19

The problem is this. Without mortalnet there's no way to play against other ppl online short of a direct connection (i.e. if you know the 2nd player personally) so essentially the entire game community will fade away..

I would still like to play against other openmortal players but the longer mortalnet stays down the less of a chance there is that if and when it's actually started up anyone will still go there. In the "old" days - a year ago+ - I used to wait about 2 hours in the chatroom before someone came along. I'd be surprised if it's one person a day by now, given that everyone has become so certain mortalnet is down forever.

Openmortal is a great game and I'm sad to see dev stop but at least the community should be kept alive somehow.

However, I'm reluctant to ask for mortalnet to be restarted. I'm not entirely sure anyone other than me would still log in there - and that would be a waste, would it not?

• UPi

UPi - 2005-08-19

I am deeply moved. MortalNet reopens as of right now.

• tetra

tetra - 2005-08-19

Wow .. a 3 minute response time.. :) Thanks Upi!!! I'm going to lurk in the chatroom until someone comes along no matter how long it takes