Menu

Welcome to Open Discussion

2007-01-25
2013-03-27
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to Open Discussion

• craigbass76

craigbass76 - 2007-01-27

Hi all... I just got this project approved and have never had a sourceforge project before, so it may take me a while to figure out how to do everything.

The project has what I guess you could call three phases.  The first contains the macros that one would run from OOCalc that takes items from a customer list and an inventory and plugs them in to an empty invoice.  This part is complete, thanks to Andrew Pitonyak.

The second part is another macro that takes relevant information from those invoices and dumps it into a text file (one file for every invoice)  This part I am waiting on.

The third operation is a bash script reading those text files and making changes to a MySQL database.  This is done also, but I'm sure it could be improved.  I'm aiming for a first-in/first-out type of inventorying scheme.  If your business buys an item (for resale) at $1.00 each this week, and they haven't all sold out before you order more (that cost you $1.25) the script will sell out of the dollar ones first.  It only allows for ten price changes though.  It would be nice if I figured out how to make this infinite, or if someone else happens by that did.

It would also be nice if the script ran in some sort of GUI (not sure if xmessage would do it or if the script would have to be re-written in python or something else)

• craigbass76

craigbass76 - 2007-03-13

Gee folks, this is taking forever.  I think I'm done, and then realize there's a problem...  Here's where she sits right now:

Invoicing is ok.
      Processing the invoices is ok.
      Getting products in (an order from one of your vendors) is pretty ok, but I'm trying to get it so that invoices waiting for products are dealt with
      I need an install script (shouldn't be too difficult at all)
      I'd like to have at least rudimentary documentation.
      I want to make sure the scripts are commented properly (most are ok, but I keep needing to make changes, and that means changing comments as well)

Thanks for waiting.  Feel free to contact me. cparker@candocomputerservices.com