Menu

Upgrade to Version 3.5.0 for AS2 Image

Help
2023-01-20
2023-01-27
  • Muntaha Rehan

Muntaha Rehan - 2023-01-20

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my image to version 3.5.0 but after creating a docker image and deploying it on kubernetees server, I am getting this error when try to check the console logs of the image.

Error Log:

Jan 16, 2023 8:45:08 PM org.openas2.cmd.processor.BaseCommandProcessor$1 call
    SEVERE: null
    java.lang.NullPointerException

• Christopher Broderick

Try turning off the command processors to see which one is causing the error.

console.command.processor.enabled="false"
                   socket.command.processor.enabled="false"
                   restapi.command.processor.enabled="false"

• Eric Wright

Eric Wright - 2023-01-27

Chris, I'm having the exacts same error message. For me it's coming from the console.command.processor. Disabling it clears the error.

How can I help you debug further?

• Eric Wright

Eric Wright - 2023-01-27

FWIW, I upgrade from 3.0.0 to 3.5.0, and the error appeared after that upgrade. I did a fresh install, copied my partnerships.xml, as2_certs.p12, and then updated the 3.5.0 config.xml to have whatever non-default settings had been in the 3.0.0 config.xml. All other files are stock.

• Christopher Broderick

I assume when wrapping it in a container, something is providing input to the shell the app is running in.
    Since the console command processor is inaccessible when running OpenAS2 as a daemon, the command processor is inaccessible anyway and should be disabled as indicated in the guide for production setup, I will not be figuring out what is causing the error.

• Eric Wright

Eric Wright - 2023-01-27

The severity of the issue might be more than you expect at first glance. We discovered the error when the syslog bloated to dozens of GB and filled the harddisk and crashing the server. You might want to consider having it disabled by default in the config.xml?

I love your product and am even more grateful for all the support you give to it. Thanks for being a part of the open source community.