Menu

Disposition exception on MDN resulting from nallowed char in the value of header : 'date'. Header is corrupted.

2017-06-21
2017-06-22
  • Stan Winiecki

Stan Winiecki - 2017-06-21

Hi,

I am struggling to make openAS2 work with our partner.
    Have been through many obstacles and got to the point where things seem to work, but I can't successfully send a message to the partner, and the partner is getting an error sending a message to me (although I get the message just fine, decrypted and with verified signature).

In case of an incoming MDN for a message I send, I'm getting this in my TRACE log:

========BEGIN MIMEBODYPART=========
    Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 16:19:04 GMT
    Content-Type: text/plain
    AS2-To: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    AS2-From: YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Server: Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) DAV/2
    Connection: close
    Error 4:libusl.c:mime_header_read_field():: Unallowed char in the value of header : 'date'. Header is corrupted.
    ========END MIMEBODYPART=========

When the partner sends a message to me, he's getting a very similar complaint:

HTTPsend: EDDINT security addition.
    2pHTTP.SIGN_ENCODING    :
    2pHTTP.SIGN_ENCODING    :
    HTTPsend: EDDINT additional header.
    HTTPsend: Uploading file(s) to http://somethingorother:10080. (total 2865 bytes).
    HTTPsend: File(s) successfully uploaded.
    HTTPsend: EDDINT reply signature check.
    libusl.c:mime_header_read_field():: Unallowed char in the value of header : 'Date'. Header is corrupted.
    libusl.c:mimepart_read_headers(): There is a bug in the logic. Error while parsing headers.

The "elaborate" date format seems ubiquitous in the internet messaging world, and as far as I understand seems to be allowed in HTTP headers.
    What am I missing here?

Regards
    Stan

Last edit: Stan Winiecki 2017-06-21
  • Nick

Nick - 2017-06-21

Hi Stan,

1. What the value for the 'date' header?
    2. Could you please post MDN messages and Message headers from OpenAS2? Usually they are stored under <PartnerName>/mdn and <PartnerName>/msgheaders.

Thanks && Regards,
    Nick

• Stan Winiecki

Stan Winiecki - 2017-06-22

Hi Nick,

I replied, but the message disappeared without any notice about moderation or something.

In short, thanks a lot for pointing me to the right spot - the TRACE level log apparently lied to me, because in the MDN file the date was formatted... in Polish, with a special character.
    OpenAS2 uses the Windows system regional settings for constructing headers :( Changed the regional settings and voila, no errors.

Thank you very much again and regards
    Stan