Menu

OpenMax Core and Component Porting.

praveen
2007-07-30
2013-06-05
  • praveen

praveen - 2007-07-30

Hello Everybody,

I have some basic questions on the Core , Component and porting of component relation.

The below is my understanding about Bellagio Source Code:

1. Core is the generic entity which will control the components.

2. As we know in the Bellagio Source ,even though its C , the code-reuse for the components is done.

Like if i want to develope the component ( For Example : Decoder component) , I will derive my decoder component from Filter component ( base_filter_component) of  Bellagio Source and Port the codec related API's on Nvidia ( If Im using the Nvidia Codec services from that vendor ).

But we ran in to confusions after we had internal discussions in the team . Some people beleive that  if Nvidia is supporting OpenMax, the complete decoder component will be supplied by Nvidia ( which means decoder OpenMax component and the porting to Nvidia Codec API's).

In that case how the Nvidia is aware of the Bellagio Source and architecture?

Which is true , either I myself have to do the codec porting or the Nvidia vendor will provide the decoder component which will be just plugged in?

Thanks,
    Praveen

• Felipe Contreras

NVIDIA could develop an OpenMAX IL component meant to be used with Bellagio's OpenMAX IL Core. It might be possible that even if it's not meant specifically for Bellagio it would still work, but you can't be sure of that.

So it's possible that NVIDIA would ship it's own OpenMAX IL Core.

Either way if you are developing a client application you should be able to use Bellagio's Core, or NVIDIA's Core exactly the same way.