Menu

Development timeline and status of ogre4j

2010-12-28
2013-04-25
  • Jay Jay Billings

Hello! I am considering OGRE and ogre4j as components in a Java project. I am curious about the development timeline and status of ogre4j. It seems that OGRE has a pretty good customer base and is under active development, but all I can find about ogre4j is that it exists and the most recent stable release is for OGRE1.6.

Could someone comment on the status of ogre4j? Has it been updated recently? Are there plans to keep it under active development? If not, are there ways in which the community could help?

Thanks,
    Jay Jay Billings

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-12-29

Hi all;

I have been traying to get ogre4j 1.7 using xbig but I have some problems converting stl containers (vector, maps, …) using xbig. Ogre 1.7 has made some changes with using such containers. I sill working on , but hope Ogre4j team could help on this.

• Christoph Nenning

Hi,

ogre4j is owned and maintained by a company. As long as I worked for that company I did some ogre4j related work. I left about 1.5 years ago. Since that there was not much activity on ogre4j.

Regarding OGRE 1.7:
    Since version 1.7 OGRE provides custom Memory Allocators for STL containers. These allocators are not supported by XBiG.

I don't have time for development work right now, so I have not investigated that issue in detail.
    A XBiG test case was created for that in the google code repo:
    - http://code.google.com/p/xbig/
    - svn://trunk/xbig/tests/t15_1

At first one has to find out what generated Java/C code should look like.
    Then one has to check if it is correctly in meta.xml
    If not: fix cpp2meta.xslt
    If correct: fix Java/C code generation.

As said before, I don't have time for development but I could help with discussing problems.

• Jay Jay Billings

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your responses. I'll have to look into this a little further I suppose.

Jay