Menu

unable to log in to open biblio

Help
Anonymous
2016-01-09
2016-07-24
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-09

I updated to 7.2 so that the sqli issue was resolved on our server. After that I was no longer able to log in using the user: admin pw:admin that would have been reset as defaults when reinstalling. I have even use phpmyadmin to go into the database and reset staff values to the default and still I am unable to log in to openbiblio. I have now removed all table form the database three times and installed from scratch three times and cannot log in to the software once installed. The OPAC works the dataabase is accessible using the servers phpmyadmin, but no access via the admin username or any other username I have tried to insert into staff. I am willing to conceed this fight, any help as to what little thing I have overlooked would be great!

Larry

• Hans van der Weij

Larry, what exactly does happen when you try to login?
    Is there an error message, for example "Invalid signon"?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-12

no error message at all just a flash back to the login it does however drop the "?RET=../home/index.php" for the URL line.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2020-07-22
      Post awaiting moderation.
  • Hans van der Weij

Did you try something like the following SQL for resetting the staff password?
    update staff set pwd=md5('admin') where username='admin';

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-12

yes, using the SQL function in myphpadmin and double checking the sql values used by the install prior to a drop of the tables and a re-install.

• Hans van der Weij

What are the version numbers for OpenBiblio in the page footer?
    And the MySQL and PHP version numbers?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-12

currently they are
      Powered by OpenBiblio version 0.7.2 database version 0.7.1
      Copyright © 2002-2014 Dave Stevens, et al.
      under the GNU General Public License
      does any of this help? I am struggling to wrap my head around the loginform and login functions to see if the program is actually opening the database. However when going to the OPAC the card catalog seems to work fine though the results no longer offer multiple pages from general searches.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-12

I am really at a loss my site is at http://www.villageoftrenton.net/openbiblio/home/index.php if you would like to visit and see. The login is the default I am not worried about hackers I will rebuild it again as necessary.

• Hans van der Weij

I get http 403.

Could there be a problem with file permissions of the PHP scripts?
    Or the configuration of the Apache webserver, a .htaccess-file might be involved.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-13

I am assuming our ISP can give me an answer on this. I am wondering though, if there is a file permission why does the OPAC work?

I have never worked with access files, what would I be looking for?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-13

Ok after doing a bit of research I can see how the OPAC might still be working but I am still not sure of what I am looking for. This is the content of the only acces file I could fine:

DirectoryIndex index.php

BEGIN W3TC Browser Cache

<IfModule mod_deflate.c="">
      <IfModule mod_headers.c="">
      Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
      </IfModule>
      AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/x-component application/x-javascript application/javascript text/javascript text/x-js text/html text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/x-icon application/json
      <IfModule mod_mime.c="">
      # DEFLATE by extension
      AddOutputFilter DEFLATE js css htm html xml
      </IfModule>
      </IfModule>

END W3TC Browser Cache

BEGIN W3TC Page Cache core

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c="">
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteBase /
      RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Encoding} gzip
      RewriteRule . - [E=W3TC_ENC:_gzip]
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !=POST
      RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} =""
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \/$
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !(comment_author|wp-postpass|w3tc_logged_out|wordpress_logged_in|wptouch_switch_toggle) [NC]
      RewriteCond "%{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/%{HTTP_HOST}/%{REQUEST_URI}/_index.html%{ENV:W3TC_ENC}" -F
      RewriteRule .
      "/wp-content/cache/page_enhanced/%{HTTP_HOST}/%{REQUEST_URI}/_index.html%{ENV:W3TC_ENC}" [L]
      </IfModule>

END W3TC Page Cache core

BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c="">
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteBase /library/bookroom/
      RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      RewriteRule . /library/bookroom/index.php [L]
      </IfModule>

END WordPress

• Hans van der Weij

Try to disable the rewrite rule, I hope that helps. Perhaps you can achieve this by putting a .htaccess in the openbiblio directory.

• Hans van der Weij

Using phpMyAdmin, what tables do you see?
    Before updating OpenBiblio, were you able to login successfully?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-14

Yes I have been using open biblio for our online card catalog for almost three years, I have been "slowly" moving to utilize the full ILS powers over that time but now I am just back to card catalog for a while.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-14

I have not subscribed for this.

Please remove my email id

Reply-To: "[obiblio:discussion]" 164978@discussion.obiblio.p.re.sf.net
        Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 16:03:37 +0000
        To: "[obiblio:discussion]" 164978@discussion.obiblio.p.re.sf.net
        Subject: [obiblio:discussion] Re: unable to log in to open biblio

Yes I have been using open biblio for our online card catalog for almost
        three years, I have been "slowly" moving to utilize the full ILS powers over
        that time but now I am just back to card catalog for a while.

unable to log in to open biblio
        https://sourceforge.net/p/obiblio/discussion/164978/thread/e69ae5a4/?limit= 25#5d10/e202

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
        https://sourceforge.net/p/obiblio/discussion/164978/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
        https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-14

I am now at the mercy of my service provider. I removed rewrite permissions and then even removed the whole file, no change at all. I use Firefox and just get the login page back when I try to login, but when I used Internet Explorer I too got/get the 403 errors. I hope my ISP can get this resolved. Thanks for your help. I will forward the solution if one ever presents itself.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-15

Final solution, there was an error in the session path in the php.ini which seemed to only affect the login. This file was not available to me and needed to be corrected by the ISP.
    For future reference.

Thanks for all your effort Hans.

Larry

• Hans van der Weij

Good to know that it is solved now, thanks for reporting.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-23

Hi,
    I, too can't login as an admin. Using 0.7.2. The message I get is 'invalid signon".

Thank you!

Alex

• Hans van der Weij

Alex, is this after updating from an older version? What is the old version number?
    Is there a public URL?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-01-23

Hi Hans,

Yes, I would say that this happened after upgrading from the previous version without being absolutely certain because I've never used the application either before or after the problem. Now I'm ready to use it.

the URL is epikinonia.net/biblio

thank you!

Alex

• Hans van der Weij

If you are certain that it is not a password problem, you should check that PHP can write session data.

A way to get more information about the server setup is to open epikinonia.net/biblio/install/phpinfo.php
    (install_instructions.html hints to remove the install directory as a security measure).

• Hans van der Weij

Alex,

First try to reset the admin password, by using the following command for MySQL:
    update staff set pwd=md5('admin') where username='admin';

Hope that helps,

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-07-24

This is helpful, You saved me 10hrs of madness scratching my head. thanks

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel