Menu

Problem with Console

Help
2003-12-14
2004-02-24
  • Nobody/Anonymous

For some reason, I can't get the Nethack console to display anything unless I drag it down to cover the entire screen. Is there a config option or something that I need to change to get this to work?

• Clive Crous

Clive Crous - 2003-12-15

hi,
      although it might seem strange, my first question is:
      do you have the latest version on noeGNUd ?
      ie version 0.8.2
      this was a problem in earlier versions.

my next question, if you have 0.8.2, is
      do you have the latest opengl drivers for your card ?

and lastly, if you do have the latest & greatest drivers,
      which operating system / video card do you have ?

thanks

Clive

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've installed from a 0.8.2 tarball, but the binary's name is noegnud-0.8.0-nethack-3.4.2 for some reason (?)

I'm running Mandrake 9.2 with the Radeon fglrx driver and a radeon 9000 pro card. It's worked perfectly so far, so I'm a little uneasy about installing any new drivers.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hmm so it affects 9000's too? That's weird since my AIW radeon uses a totally different driver (three I've tried) and chipset revision, and I've got the same problem with the console... (as posted earlier here... I did find out that my friend had swapped his vivo for a 7200 and forgotten about it before I tested it, so that means the 7200 is unaffected, but the vivo probably is...)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I've got the same problem with a Radeon 9000 and DRI drivers. I compiled noegnud from source.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have got the same problem with a Radeon 9000 and drivers from DRI. I compiled noeGNUd from source.