Menu

Add option to scan & remove missing entries from file cache

Mike Ando
2023-10-23
2023-10-23
  • Mike Ando

Mike Ando - 2023-10-23

I use FileOptimizer a lot and have donated; I'm currently up to 69,521 files processed!

Unfortunately all these entries in my cache start to make my .ini config file big. I open 32 copies of FileOptimizer simultaneously as a form of multithreading, and the bigger the config file gets, the greater the chance that there will be a conflict as multiple instances try to read/write the same config file. This eventually causes it to forget some of my settings, like my donator email, and I have to input them again. Using the cache saves me a lot of time keeping track of which files have/haven't been already optimised though, so I don't want to disable it.

For now I've been managing it by just manually removing some of my cache's entries every so often to keep it below 100kb. But this cleans both valid and invalid entries from my cache, and I'd like to keep the valid ones if possible.

Can I request a button in the menu that checks all cache entries to see if those files still exist and if their cached details are still valid, and removes all invalid entries? Or a maximum size limit of the cache to automatically remove old entries? :)

• Nikkho

Nikkho - 2023-10-23

Dear Mike,
    Thank you for your suggestion and for your support. It makes sense in order to avoid unneded garbage in the INI file.
    It has been already implemented in the source: https://sourceforge.net/p/nikkhokkho/code/1799/