Menu

Size and position does not save upon closing app

2022-11-18
2023-04-13
  • Edward Truong

Edward Truong - 2022-11-18

No matter how many times I can change the size and position of the app, it returns to its default size and position upon exiting and re-opening the app. Modifying the values in INI file also doesn't have any effect.

This only happens in version 16.10.2762.

Last edit: Edward Truong 2022-11-18
  • Nikkho

Nikkho - 2022-11-19

This is usually because of missing write permisions on FileOptimizer.ini.
    Can you please take a look to it and see if it is writtable and if so, if it contains proper window sizes?

• Edward Truong

Edward Truong - 2022-11-19

I have checked and it is writable. It will retain all other changes you make to the application, except for any modification to the size and position.
    I have even tried to copy the INI file from the previous version, also has no effect. The app will restore to the default size and position every time I launch the app and it will overwrite the INI each time I close it.

• Edward Truong

Edward Truong - 2023-02-21

Just want to report that I'm currently using build 16.20.2771 and still experience the same problem since 16.10.2762. I still don't have any clue as to why this is happening. Going back to build 16.00.2746 and that behaves perfectly normal.

Related

Tickets: #132

• Nikkho

Nikkho - 2023-02-21

It is something that affects some users, but not all. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce it, so cannot debug the issue.

• Jochen Gererstorfer

Hello, I have the same problem.

Can you add the option to start the program minimized?
    I just drag and drop to the icon or use a batch script. So this option would be perfect.

• Jochen Gererstorfer

This seems to be the same problem as the one with the PDF settings.
    I made my Program files now writable, so that FileOptimizer can save the settings file there, and both features are working now.
    FileOptimizes cannot save those settings in the users profiles setting file.