Menu

SecureZeroMemory is missing from the Win API headers

2019-07-21
2019-07-24
  • Kantor Zsolt

Kantor Zsolt - 2019-07-21

I just downloaded the mingw GUI installer and did a base installation. I have a working gcc compiler, all my packages are up to date, I installed the Win API packages.
    In the Winnt.h file it should be a RtlSecureZeroMemory define which is a define of SecureZeroMemory.
    I searched all the .H files, these defines are missing. My code uses SecureZeroMemory, so fails on compilation.
    Did I missed something? Or this macro was removed from the mingw Win API H files??

Last edit: Kantor Zsolt 2019-07-21
    • Kai Tietz

Kai Tietz - 2019-07-23

Hi,

of course do we have SecureZeroMemory as define to
      RtlSecureZeroMemory. See for this winbase.h. The RtlSecureZeroMemory
      instrinc function is implemented for mingw-w64 within our kernel32
      library. So by linking to it, it should work flawless. My tests
      confirm that.
      So I am not quite sure how your setup was done, but could you be a bit
      more specific?

Thanks in advance
      Kai

Am So., 21. Juli 2019 um 22:58 Uhr schrieb Kantor Zsolt
      kantorzsolt@users.sourceforge.net:

I just downloaded the mingw GUI installer and did a base installation. I have a working gcc compiler, all my packages are up to date, I installed the Win API packages.
      In the Winnt.h file it should be a RtlSecureZeroMemory define which is a define of SecureZeroMemory.
      I searched all the .H files, these defines are missing. My code uses SecureZeroMemory, so failes on compilation.
      Did I missed something? Or this macro was removed from the mingw Win API H files??

SecureZeroMemory is missing from the Win API headers

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/discussion/723797/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Kantor Zsolt

Kantor Zsolt - 2019-07-24

In the meantime, somehow I understood this problem. I installed the older mingw (using the 2017 beta GUI setup - this is the latest) and not the mingw-w64. The problem is that I'm using WinXP and I have issues installing and using mingw-w64 on XP.
    But I don't know why the last version of the "classic" mingw does not has that RtlSecureZeroMemory defined in the winnt.h header (as I know it should be a macro define in that header). If you wish I can reinstall mingw (NOT mingw-w64) to point out the issue.

Regards,
    Zsolt