Menu

TV Show Selector

2019-05-08
2019-09-01
  • Lucas Hicks

Lucas Hicks - 2019-05-08

Lately when trying to change a show with the same name, no results are shown. TVDB problem?

• Rob

Rob - 2019-05-09

Quick check and change series tab is working ok.

Can you give example of a series that this fails on

• wernerk

wernerk - 2019-08-20

for me, the "TV Show Selector" doesn't seem to work at all right now.
    no matter what i enter inte the search-box, when i click "search" a message box is shown with info "Please Enter a Search Term".

• Rob

Rob - 2019-08-22

Working correctly here. Maybe attach you config.xml file and I will test with your settings.

• wernerk

wernerk - 2019-08-30

sorry for the late response.
    when i start with a fresh directory and default config, the tv show selector works perfectly fine.

when i copy my "settings" and "cache" directory from the old installation directory to the new installation directory, i also get this error.

config.xml attached

Last edit: wernerk 2019-08-30
  • wernerk

wernerk - 2019-08-30

hmmm... seems there is a problem with a "german" series called "Dead End". Its kind of not finding the correct show and after scraping, the title of the show is empty "". when you enter the tv show selector with that "empty title", the error is shown and you can't find / switch to the correct show.

• wernerk

wernerk - 2019-08-30

i worked around it by renaming the folder to "magnum" and after initial scraping, reassigning it to "dead end" via the "tv show selector"

• Jean-Michel KIRSCH

And what happened if you name the folder as it is in The TVDB ? I mean "Dead End (2019)"

• wernerk

wernerk - 2019-09-01

That's another workaround - because then, it's immediately scraped correctly.

Still... in case some show is scraped with a resulting "empty title", you cannot search / switch to another show using the "tv show selector" - presumably a rare case, but i guess still a case that should be fixed... not for me (workaround is perfectly fine for me :)) but for the program to become even more perfect than it already is ;)