Menu

Why can't I authenticate to JBoss 3.2.5?

Help
2004-07-21
2013-04-25
  • mntbikinfool

mntbikinfool - 2004-07-21

Hi,

I have used MC4J successfully to connect to JBoss 3.2.5 without any security turned on. It is great! I need to secure the MBean server so I specified a security interceptor for my Jboss RMI invoker. When I attempt to connect to JBoss and get an error that my principal is null even though I set it in the properties for the connection!  It seems as though MC4J is not passing security credentials to JBoss.  Has anyone else been successful in securing the RMI adapter for JBoss and connecting with MC4J?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Below is part of the stack trace from MC4J.

<code>
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to authenticate principal=null, securityDomain=esm-wsgw
        at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:203)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:473)
        at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:360)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:148)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:133)
        at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:135)
        at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:96)
        at org.jboss.jmx.connector.invoker.client.InvokerAdaptorClientInterceptor.invoke(InvokerAdaptorClientInterceptor.java:58)
        at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:53)
        at org.jboss.proxy.ClientMethodInterceptor.invoke(ClientMethodInterceptor.java:55)
        at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:85)
        at $Proxy8.queryNames(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.jmx.connector.rmi.RMIConnectorImpl.queryNames(RMIConnectorImpl.java:304)
    [catch] ... 24 more
    </code>

• Thomas Gideon

Thomas Gideon - 2006-05-30

I am having the same problem with JBoss 4.0.3SP1 and 1.2b9, so this is still broken.  I posted a note over on the JBoss wiki and a bug to this project, hopefully someone, somewhere, has a fix.  For development, I can disable security on the jmx-invoker, but that's not acceptable for production.