Did anyone port libmad/madplay to VC++ 6.0?
I try to do it now but have some troubles...
Did you succeed in compiling MAD using MS-VC++ ?
Could you post the .dsp file ?
You will find a .dsp file in the msvc++ directory of the distribution.
I have the same trouble with vc++ 6.0 ? how to solve ?
Have someone solved the problem?
Please give me the answer !
Did you manage to solve the problem?
When you use the DSP file from the distribution, MSVC will ask to upgrade, this shouldn't be a problem, microsoft tends to change their IDE with every release.
when building keep the follwing things in mind:
- the DSP of each package is only for that package.
- I had to adapt the mad package to include library paths and libraries.
- I had to also get the Zlib package from the extra directory found via the FTP link.
Everytthing built fine with visualstudio 2005.
I built libmad/madplay/libid3tag on VC2005 (express edition).
I want to run the test streams provided by ISO for compliance testing. I can find the streams at http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/s022691_ISO_IEC_11172-4_1995\(E)_Compliance_Testing.zip.
I am facing few problems in executing these streams on windows platform.
1. I am keeping these streams in the folder where the application (madplay.exe) is generated.
2. From that location I run madplay.exe input-stream output-stream.
3. This decodes the input stream (.bit file) fine but it says 0 frames decoded for output stream without generating output stream. I am confused on whether I am doing the right thing or not at this point.
1. Are these above steps correct?
2. Do I really need to use libid3tag package to build for an application to test the compliance of the streams provided ISO/IEC?
3. Am i doing the right thing at step3 above? Am i using the right command to decode the stream?
4. Basically I want to generate an output stream (i.e decompressed stream for a fixed input stream) and then want to compare this generated stream with the standard output stream provided by ISO/IEC. I guess this confirms the compliance.
Any body who knows how to solve this problem, please let me know so that I can progress with my work.
I started working in codec domain very recently and do not know full details of the technicalities involved in this domain.
Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.