This patch modifies current source, so that support CSS
much more then the current main trunk version (where
the css support is actually almost zero).
Apply as patch -p0 < lxr-css.patch in the lxr
directory; make sure, that directory ../lxr doesn't
exist (if you have more then one copy).
Template stylesheet file is templates/lxr.css. The
stylesheet to be used is defined in the configuration
file near the header and footer templates.
The template $stylesheet is supported while the header
template is expanded. See html-head.html for more.
My goal was to fix all places, where markup is
generated from code. 80% of changes affects the link
(<a>) output. I extended the prototype of the 'fileref'
function and Co. The second parameter of those
functions is the style to be used (put into the 'class'
attribute). I fixed all references to those call over
all the code.
The remaining 20% are changes related to the rest of
the generated markup. i used the <span> tag for formating.
- templates vs. generated code: some pages are
generated completely (e.g search results, so user have
no chance to change them. To make this situation
better, I ... (see next bullet)
- I removed the <ul> and <li> tags in the ident page
(where references to searched symbol are displayed), so
browsers, such is Lynx, could have problems. As I said
above, the better solution would be the template
support for this page.
- Glimpse searches are not supported yet
- I didn't understand all stuff in the 'markupfile'
function. The highlighted files work well, but I didn't
get, what are the other formats good for
- Perl comments may be formatted incorrectly (just
- I used my favorite colors and non-underlined links,
somebody else may dislike it
- I changed the header template, so tables are used;
however formatting of the menu (modes) is still a bit ugly
- I added as few class specs. into templates as
possible, some work is to be done here
I'm looking forward to hear your comments
Log in to post a comment.