Menu

Latency problems

2021-01-14
2021-01-23
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Vincenzo

Vincenzo - 2021-01-22

Happy to know! I imagined the smallest server was not sufficient.
    I add another advantage: I do not know your habits, but when we were playing in our room and recorded to check the results, quality was awful. If you record on the server, you will have single tracks to be mixed afterwards. Much better.

• Joao Graca

Joao Graca - 2021-01-23

Thanks for the update Christof!

However I just want to clear up a couple of misconceptions.
    Your successful session with 1fire was not on a dedicated server, but a VM (virtual machine) with SSD storage attached. "Dedicated" is a special term meaning that the entire server hardware unit is literally dedicated to a single customer, typically for very long periods.

1fire's 2GB "vServer" VM has actually an inferior hardware specification to the VMs that we use for RealTime sessions at Koord. All our instances are 2vCPU-4GB CPU-optimized instances, running heavily performance-optimized OS images including custom kernels and system configuration, and each instance is allocated to a SINGLE user session.

I guarantee you the whole configuration with Koord is much more optimized than what you were able to quickly set up on the 1fire server! :-)
    And we provide it to you at the cllck of a button in about 45 seconds.
    And we have people using it regularly with over 10 players with no reported performance issues.

So while it's great that you have a working setup now, the exact reason for your previous dropouts is still a bit mysterious. I know the 1fire location is probably closer to you than the Koord Frankfurt datacenter is, but that should only account for a few MS latency max, and not dropouts.

Koord yesterday introduced a new multi-threading configuration which should give you a bit of extra performance. Please feel free to give it another go, and let us know how you get on!
    Thanks again for trying Koord.

• Christof Maluck

Christof Maluck - 2021-01-23

You're right, Joao. It's just a virtual machine. But it works fine for us.

Clearly it would be even better if Koord would work the same for us. 1fire is located in Frankfurt, Koord is located in Frankfurt. We tested Koord only once, that time we had trouble, others might have no trouble. I wanted to test again, but since the change, I can't book a session again. Clicking on the city doesn't work any more.

If you want me to help finding the cause, let me know what you need. I'd be glad to support your great solution.

• Joao Graca

Joao Graca - 2021-01-23

Hi again Christof.
        It sounds like you have a stale login session loaded in Koord. Try logging out and in again, that's probably easiest. Thanks for the feedback and feel free to contact us at "music AT koord.live" if you want to take your questions offline.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)