Recording Jamulus with Reaper

Rob Durkin
2020-05-30
2020-07-23
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Mervin Beng

Mervin Beng - 2020-06-22

Hi Tom,

If you are playing with a microphone you can always use an external metronome

This works, but it's worth noting that the person with the metronome hears it in real time, while others hear it with delay, and will try to play in time with the delayed metronome that they hear. One better option would be to have a metronome track played into Jamulus, and everyone hears it with the Jamulus round-trip delay.

• Tom Merolla

Tom Merolla - 2020-06-24

Good point Mervin. That would be a better way to do it....

• Rob Durkin

Rob Durkin - 2020-06-21

I've updated the instructions to use Track 1 as a parent folder for all the audio interface inputs, and also left the Master Track as the default hardware ouput. If anyone has a chance to take a look, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edit: Rob Durkin 2020-06-21
    • Tom Merolla

Tom Merolla - 2020-06-24

Thanks for the re-write Rob! I'll take a look at it over the next few days.

• Tom Merolla

Tom Merolla - 2020-07-08

Hey Rob...Finally got around to looking at your latest write-up from June 21st. Nice job!! I think it looks great. Thanks much for doing this. I found the following link which is also helpful. Covers similar ground at the beginning but then goes into sending the Jamulus feed to Zoom and/or Facebook live stream. Our band is going to give it a try sometime over the next week or so.
    Cheers,
    Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRWIJqgRUXc&feature=youtu.be

• Andrew S

Andrew S - 2020-07-12

This works fine for me with multiple VSTs, MIDI devices and hardware interfaces via a Focusrite. The only thing I've not managed to get working (directly) is a non-ASIO into into a track in this configuration - specifically audio coming from another PC app. I've ended up sending this to the PC default Realtek device then manually plugging the line out to an input on the Focusrite. Not very elegant but it works. Any better suggestions?

• Bill Wolf

Bill Wolf - 2020-07-23

Any recommedations for getting this to work with Catalina?

I don't see any way to install any of the options discussed. Rearoute, 32 bit installer, etc.

My DAW host is also Reaper. But Jamulus doesn't seem to pick up any audio from any of the channels.

Thx

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)