Menu

No usable ASIO audio device (driver) found

2020-09-15
2021-01-12
  • Jesus Gonzalez

Jesus Gonzalez - 2020-09-15

Hi All,
    I have installed ASIO4all and Jamulus and received an error msg:
    "No usable ASIO audio device (driver) found" , "ASIO4ALL v2:The audio device does not suppport the required sample rate. The required Sample rate is 48000 Hz."
    Here attached the error msg and also the ASIO4all configuration.

I've ticked on Always Resample 44.1 kHz to 48 kHz with no success.
    Any help will be welcome
    Thanks in advance

Jesus Gonzalez

• Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-09-16

That's strange - is the Voicemeeter device confusing things? Are you able to shut down Voicemeeter to see if that makes the ASIO4all driver work?

• Jesus Gonzalez

Jesus Gonzalez - 2020-09-16

Thanks Gilgongo for your answer. At the end I have ticked out SplitCam Audio Mixer device on ASIO4all config so I have left as active only the Realtek device and now it works.
    Thank you again

• Robin Rigby

Robin Rigby - 2020-11-02

I have nearly the same message after loading Jamulus 3.6.0 today. It seems to think I have an ASIO driver but it is set to the wrong sample rate! I know I have an ASIO driver. I have been running Jamulus since June (v 3.4.3)!

So how do I identify / locate the driver to correct the sample rate?

[The bit about a device with a hardware switch rings no bells at all.]

Last edit: Robin Rigby 2020-11-02
    • Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-11-02

It feels like another device has grabbed the ASIO driver - that can happen with Windows sometimes. What happens if you click on the "Launch ASIO setup" button?

• Robin Rigby

Robin Rigby - 2020-11-02

The message ends asking me if I want to open the ASIO driver setups. 'Yes'
        shows me another question "Are you done with your ASIO driver settings of
        device Realtek ASIO?" It does not show me a driver settings dialog or
        anything else. 'Yes' now closes the message and Jamulus dies.

I agree, something else has grabbed the ASIO driver and changed that
        setting. But which something?

• Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-11-02

I assume you're using ASIO4LL, if so then you should be able to launch the ASIO control panel independently of Jamulus from the Start menu. This assumes you installed the driver with the “Off-line Settings” box checked. If not I think you might be able to just re-install ASIO4ALL and check the offline option in the installer. You should then be able to identify what's using driver and change it back.

• DonC

DonC - 2020-11-02

Have you checked that there is not a driver setup window hidden behind something else ?
          When I tweek my system to get that error message and click on the button it opens the driver setup.
          But I would start out by rebooting the system, if that doesn't work reinstall the driver.

• Soegi Hartono

Soegi Hartono - 2021-01-12

Hello all, I have same problem, anyone has the solution?

• DonC

DonC - 2021-01-12

Hi Soegi,
      Have you tried the solutions described in this thread?
      I don't know any others.

• Soegi Hartono

Soegi Hartono - 2021-01-12

yes, I have been trying all possible option that posted.

Thanks