Menu

Booting Linwizard on i-mate k-jam

Help
pippiu
2009-06-21
2013-05-22
  • pippiu

pippiu - 2009-06-21

I've done all the steps explained at http://linwizard.wiki.sourceforge.net/booting (except few things like use sftp to transfer boot.img to pda. Solved after partitioning my "SD card" and copying boot.img file into ext2 partition after it was already mounted on /mnt/wm5/).
    The problem is now booting linux!
    I can turn on my PDA in bootloader mode (horizontally divided screen with colored strips: red, green, blue, white) but nothing happens!
    I tried to turn it on with usb cable  inserted and in the bottom-left corner of my screen the "USB" word appears.

Is it possible that my k-jam do not recognizes "SD" card inserted before boot?

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

• pippiu

pippiu - 2009-06-21

UPDATE!!!!
      I forget to set flags on FAT-16 partition (boot, lba)
      After I fix this problem, when I turn on my pda  (power button + camera button) in the bottom-left corner i see this sentence: "Not allow update!"
      What's going wrong?

• miknix

miknix - 2009-06-21

"Not allow update!"

This message appears when the bootloader (SPL) doesn't allow you to run the diagnostic card.
        In your case the diagnostic card contains linwizard and a second stage bootloader (EOL).
        More information at the EOL original developer homepage:
        http://vivien.chappelier.free.fr/typhoon/install.html

That message means that your wizard is not CID unlocked and the SD card signature (you wrote to the
        sd card during the tutorial) doesn't match the bootloader's one.

So I give you 3 paths you can follow.
        1) Don't boot using EOL for now, boot linwizard from windoz mobile using haret.
        2) Flash the wizard with HardSPL *DANGEROUS*
        3) Check that your SD card signature is correct, try to find the problem.

* HardSPL is a hacked SPL (wizard's bootloader) that will accept any SD card signature. It works just like a CID unlocked phone.

• miknix

miknix - 2009-06-21

By the way, you can join #linwizard at irc.freenode.net for a more interactive conversation.

Greetings,
      - Angelo