Integration into firefox

Help
mark
2015-05-02
2015-05-29
  • mark

mark - 2015-05-02

Hi,
    I would like to integrate KeeFox with KeePass into my Firefox. I downloaded KeePass, installed the KeeFox plugin and tried to install it, but it gets stuck on Setup KeeFox ("downloading requiered files")
    I tried to reinstall the plugin, tried to reinstall KeePass before I installed the plugin, but it still gets stuck. I also tried to copy/install KeePassHTTP into the program files folder, but it didnt recognise the plugin in KeePass.

what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Mark

• Paul

Paul - 2015-05-03

Try the KeeFox web site. https://github.com/luckyrat/KeeFox/wiki/en-|-Troubleshooting

KeeFox is written by a 3rd party so we can only provide limited help here.

cheers, Paul

• Horst

Horst - 2015-05-03

Use the WebAutoType plugin and you have KeePass support in all browsers
    without the need for additional plugins.

• mark

mark - 2015-05-03

I eventually got it working with KeePassHTTP by installing it with Chocolatey, but I've got a different question now..
    Under the Help section on keepass.info it says
    [quote]A key file can be used instead of a password, or in addition to a password (and the Windows user account in KeePass 2.x).[/quote]
    Does this mean, that if I create a database with a password and a keyfile, I can unlock the database with either the keyfile, the password, or both?
    When I create a database and try to unlock it (creating it with a password and keyfile), it demands both the password, as well as the keyfile, but I remember the previous version of KeePass (1.29) had the option to either unlock the database with the keyfile alone, password alone, or both at the same time.
    Is this option missing in KeePass 2.29?

thanks in advance!
    Mark

• Horst

Horst - 2015-05-03

There was never and will never be such an option as
    "to either unlock the database with the keyfile alone, password alone, or both at the same time"

• Luckyrat

Luckyrat - 2015-05-29

Mark's initial KeeFox install probably failed because Firefox 36 introduced an undocumented change to the download functionality KeeFox uses to download KeePass.

The recently released KeeFox 1.4.8 now works with Firefox 36+, not that it's much help to the potential new KeePass users that gave up on KeeFox and/or KeePass during the 2 months until the problem was discovered and fixed (this is my angry voice - I'm not particularly happy with Mozilla at the moment).

Chris
    (KeeFox developer)