Menu

Two phase login problem

Help
Harry
2015-03-18
2015-03-20
  • Harry

Harry - 2015-03-18

I have KeePass 2.28 and KeeFox 1.4.6 running on a Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) computer. Everything has worked fine for the year or so that I have had it. I searched this forum, and could not find the issue addressed. Because I don't know if the problem I have is a KeeFox or KeePass issue, I also posted this on the KeeFox forum

So I decided to start adding my financial accounts to KeePass. They each have a two phase login procedure. I first enter the username, and click a button. That takes me to a new screen, which displays a Personal Identity Image for verification, and then has a space for me to enter the password.

Sometime in the past, I probably set KeePass (or KeeFox, not sure which one controls) to bypass this financial website. I cannot find where that information to bypass is saved, so I started again by adding a new entry in KeePass, with the username and password, and the URL to the initial screen. KeePass works fine with the username on that initial screen, but when I then proceed to the second screen, nothing is entered in the password field.

1. What is the correct method for dealing with this kind of two phase login situation in KeePass/KeeFox?
    2. Where is the information previously set to bypass a website stored?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Harry

Last edit: Harry 2015-03-18
  • Paul

Paul - 2015-03-18

Any time information is automatically entered you are NOT using KeePass for data entry. In this case it will be KeeFox performing the data entry.
    I don't know much about KeeFox so I suggest you wait for an answer on the KeeFox site.

cheers, Paul

• Harry

Harry - 2015-03-20

Paul:

The KeeFox developer on their forum answered both of my questions, and solved my problem.

Harry

Last edit: Harry 2015-03-20