Menu

Sorry. I am...

2007-11-21
2012-11-20
  • Nobody/Anonymous

little bit pissed. I know. Freeware and and.

But 1.09 works realy not very well on usb-sticks and I can not find 1.08 with my language to download (sic) AND I known, the problems with sticks are know (author).

AND KeePass 1.09 portable can not real create passwords (!) I know, also this is know (author).

1.09 is more then 1 month old. I have updatet to 1.09 and "lost" my 1.08 from my archive dir. Ok, my fault. But I can after update to 1.09 one month later furthemore NOT real use KeePass. As "donator" :-(

And I read in german unoff. forum (babel fish) about the bug with killed i-vault, but I read no one comment. From 06.11.07 (?)
    http://keepass.datensysteme-lenk.de/viewtopic.php?t=569

I think, before I mean, I need use KeePass 2.x, I need better for first a armful (??) featured 1.x, but a 100% correct working 1.x.

Sorry guys. I am grinded... :-\

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ok %-) I find 1.08 here :-) (oh man)

I hope 1.09 language file works ok with 1.08.

• Nobody/Anonymous

"AND KeePass 1.09 portable can not real create passwords (!) I know, also this is know (author)."

I mean, 'pattern' generating passworts. That dont work.

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2007-11-21

> AND KeePass 1.09 portable can not real create passwords (!) I know, also this is know (author).

If I'm the author, you're wrong. I do not know what you mean.

> I mean, 'pattern' generating passworts. That dont work.

Care to actually explain *what* does not work? It works perfectly fine for me.

Best regards
        Dominik

• Nobody/Anonymous

I you are the author? You are the author :-) Hi Dominik.

When I (and my gilfriend and my brohter. all others systems) generate pattern based password with 1.09 portable + entropy I becomes after record and moving mouse over the pattern picture... not a password. The gui with the pict pattern closed (?) by 100% (?) or the password field is empty.

You have not hear about this "bug"? I can also proof again my desktop tools...

1.08 works. But I mean I have little bit to often more "ä" in the passwords. Can you proof it?

THX.

But mostly I am sad about the slow down 1.09 on usb-sticks (and generally, see the threads here) and no comments about the i-vault problem in the german forum (this is not my posting there).

I mean this software is one of the greatest projects in the net, but over 1 month absolutly silence is a little bit to much :-(
          Of course you are not us plodder nor slave, but you make strong security software for the masses. And the masses use it. I mean this permitted no one right or false objection about KeePass for month(s).

regards and furthemore a lot of fun with programming of KeePass... 1.x ;-)

And I wish you much more donations :-(

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2007-11-22

> You have not hear about this "bug"? I can also proof again my desktop tools...
            > 1.08 works. But I mean I have little bit to often more "ä" in the passwords. Can you proof it?

No, not at all. I tried the setup you described (collecting entropy + pattern generation) and it works as expected.

Again, please provide detailed steps how to reproduce your problem along with all required information (the pattern you're using, etc.).

> no comments about the i-vault problem in the german forum

I yesterday tested I-Vault (latest version) together with KeePass 1.09 on Windows Vista in a VM. There were no problems at all. As long as nobody can actually send me a detailed description and reproducable problem protocols, I can't do anything.

As KeePass doesn't interact with other applications at all (except user-initiated auto-type), I suspect that it's a bug in I-Vault, and not in KeePass. It could be possible that I-Vault tries to save passwords entered in the KeePass master password dialog, which obviously fails as KeePass has special protection against such attacks.

Best regards
            Dominik

• Dominik Reichl

Dominik Reichl - 2007-11-23

> But mostly I am sad about the slow down 1.09 on usb-sticks

See my post in https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1846589&forum_id=329221 .

Best regards
            Dominik

• Nobody/Anonymous

Is one more caching not a security problem? But why we have not a problems with 1.08? Ok, I think you know with you do.

I find all what you wrote about 1.10 very great, but I can't find 1.10 ;-)

• Paul

Paul - 2007-11-24

Caching the ini file is not a security risk.

1.10 is the current development version number. It will be released when it is ready.

cheers, Paul