Today the reformed K3b team within the KDE Community is proud to release the final 2.0 of the premier disk recording application, codenamed “Komeback”. Although pre-release versions have already enjoyed widespread adoption, we'd like to recap some of the highlights of this release.
K3b 2.0 marks the last milestone in the effort to port one of the most popular disk recording applications to KDE's current Platform 4. Although some parts still use legacy libraries, the application takes advantage of the new platform and integrates better with it. Solid, the KDE hardware layer, is now used for hardware detection. ... read more
Took me some time but here is the updated K3b 0.12.4:
* Fixed --cdimage and --dvdimage parameters.
* Fixed the file browser menu. Now it contains the bookmarks and "add to project" actions again.
* Fixed Index 0 (Pregap) handling in audio cue files.
* Improved handling of broken cue files: K3b now searches the directory for image files that could fit
the cue file in case the FILE entry is bogus.
* Always try to create a new session in case the old one has been imported regardless of the inserted
medium's free space.
* Fixed DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite media handling
* Use RAW writing mode for audio CDs in case the writer does not support DAO but RAW.
* Fixed compile problems with latest ffmpeg builds.... read more
See http://k3b.sourceforge.net for a comment about K3b's method for determining the length of mp3 files.
Added ID3Lib help to news at http://k3b.sourceforge.net since some people experienced problems when compiling ID3Lib.