Menu

Suggested Improvement

2011-05-01
2020-08-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

It would be nice if there were a way to set an offset for the page numbers. 

Most PDFs have 10-20 or more pages of front matter, so that the page designated as page 1 in the book is actually page 24 or so in the PDF reader. 

When creating a TOC manually, we have to add 23 to all the numbers in the book's table of contents to get it to come out right in your bookmarks.

If you could have a parameter like "offset = +23" that would automatically add 23 to all page numbers from that point on, we could just use the numbers from the book's TOC, and make the process much faster.  If the pages got out of sync later on, we could just adjust it by adding "offset = +22" to that point in the file, or "offset = 0" to turn it off completely.

Thanks for your program.

• Flaviano Petrocchi

This is already present in the program, use the offset menu item in the Tools menu or the equivalent toolbar button.

• Tony

Tony - 2020-08-22

Also from command line? If yes, how? I had a quick look but could not find anything.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I use your program to make "menus" for several different PDF-files (up to 200 individual files for one menu). This program would be the ultimate PDF-menu creator if it could change the bookmarks on many PDF's in one click. Now I have to load the menu manually, one by one, and it takes a lot of time.

I want this!
    "Load Bookmark" -> select multiple files. And then lean back and watch the software update the bookmarks on all the selected files.

Maby it is possible already?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-05-17

"Supported Bookmarks Types" should support "Inherit zoom"
    Thanks.

• Flaviano Petrocchi

For what multiple files is concerned, this is why jpdfbookmarks has a command line interface, that is perfect for batch work to apply bookmarks to many PDF files at once. For the Inherit Zoom question, jpdfbookmarks already should support that.