Menu

Error on Installing javaHMO 2.4 -Still OK?

Help
Dave T
2005-03-02
2013-04-11
  • Dave T

Dave T - 2005-03-02

I installed javaHMO2.4.i386.rpm on my Linux-Fedora FC2 that was running 2.3 beta 2 OK and received the responses and error below. My rpm -qa still shows javaHMO-2-3 and configure.xml shows 2-3; However, JavaHMO file and wrapper.conf files are both later date of Feb 27.  javaHMO is running (get it OK on my TiVo). Am I OK and running on 2.4 or should I do something due to the errors below etc.? Should I upgrade to Galleon (I need stable system)? Thanks for any help, suggestions and opinions.

Install Responses and Error recieved:
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13578:line3: fg: no-job control
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13578:line 4: syntax error near unexpected token 'newline'
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13578:line4:'*Mon Feb 14 2004 Jon Stroud ......
    error: %peun(javaHMO-2-3) scriptlet failed, exit status 2

• x10u8tr

x10u8tr - 2005-03-03

I had a problem upgrading on a mandrake system.  it hung and after about 10 minutes of no activity, i hit one ^C and it resumed.  i checked and it seemed to update okay.  i stopped the old server and started it again and it worked fine.  but yeah, there is something wrong with the rpm.

• Law Of Disorder

Law Of Disorder - 2005-05-13

I am having similar RPM problems with Mandrake .... the rpm is broke and busted... if anyone knows how to fix this problem please refer to my post

• Brent Johnson

Brent Johnson - 2005-05-13

I had the same problem on Fedora Core 3.  I thought mine was just because I had synaptic running in a VNC session so it was locking up the package system.

Anyways, I tried 3-4 times installing the RPM (mine didnt tell me it was already installed) and it hung everytime.

Then I noticed there were JavaHMO files installed, so I tried running it and it ran fine.  Not sure why yours only installed half the installation.

• Law Of Disorder

Law Of Disorder - 2005-05-13

this program is the antichrist, is there a binary or series of binary files that i might be able to install manually??

Im having install issues with 2.3 also