Menu

User not able to upload the documents in FAQs

2023-03-21
2023-04-20
  • Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2023-03-21

Hello Guys,

I have enabled attachment option in FAQ section but only admin is able to upload documents. As a user, I am not able to upload any document in attachment.
    Please someone tell me that, me as an admin, which role should I give permission in the user's profile so that the user can also upload documents in FQAs attachment?
    when user try to upload any document its showing like " no attachment".

waiting for your reply guys.

if anyone have the solution please guide me : Thanks in Adcance

Regards,
    Rohit

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2023-03-21

Can you explain the use case where users should be able to modify FAQs? (they need to be able to modify FAQs before upload would be possible - and then again, mind my note in the other topic about a current issue)

• Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2023-03-21

Hi @jeffrey ,

suppose i am an iTop admin and you are the user and you are creating a FAQ and want to upload a attachment in the attachment section but when you try to upload the document then its showing like no attachment. so now what type of permission i have to gave you in your profile , so you can upload document easily.

findan attachment for the referrance.

Regards,
    Rohit Kushwaha

Last edit: Rohit Kushwaha 2023-03-21
  • Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2023-03-21

As described above: you'd need to make sure that users can actually create FAQs. So they'd need a user profile linked to their account which will allow them to do so.

See the "grant matrix" in iTop. :)

• Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2023-03-22

user can create the FAQs and in the "grant matrix" attachments: field is " YES ". attaching a snap

there is a permission issue so user can upload the document but admin can upload the documents in FAQ attachment option.

anything else i have miss like any configuration need to update in Configuration Management section?

Last edit: Rohit Kushwaha 2023-03-22
  • Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2023-03-22

Can you show the screenshot with FAQ permission for regular users?

• Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2023-03-22

for regular users i gave only two permission in their profile : 1-support agent, 2-service desk agent. both cant create FAQs.
    The one who creates FAQ I have been given " problem manager " permissions like many FAQ's can create but not upload file in attachment.

i also try with permission " Document author " but this persmission also , user not able to upload the docs.

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2023-04-19

Isn't this thread a duplicate of [436be47e43] ?
    Please DO NOT post duplicates :(

Related

Discussion: 436be47e43

• Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2023-04-19

Hi @pgoiffon,

sorry for the confusion but both post are diff diff scenarios . this post is regarding the user permissions for attaching or uploading the files in the attachment . only admin can able to upload the attachment but user can not able to upload the files in the attachement part.
    and [436be47e43] this disscussion regarding the attachment option enablement in the FAQ section.

Related

Discussion: 436be47e43

• Vincent @ Combodo

The issue with the FAQ class is that it does not have a org_id field, same issue with Organization by the way. Because of this situation, silos aren't working as expected, which can explain that your Users can't add attachment.
    Two approach you can try: Add an org_id field on the class FAQ with an iTop extension.
    Check if the behavior is the same if the User does not have "Allowed Organizations" defined.
    Are you running iTop 3.0.2 ?
    We are working on a fix for iTop 3.2, I am about to test what was coded. Stay tuned...

• Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2023-04-20

Hi @@cisou,

yes i am using the iTop 3.0.2.
    thanks for the update.

Is this issue fixed in itop 3.0.3 version?

Last edit: Rohit Kushwaha 2023-04-20