Menu

How to automatically assign a user location on a ticket ?

kpelaz
2024-02-27
2024-03-04
  • kpelaz

kpelaz - 2024-02-27

How written in the title I would like to know if we could add a line which allows for an automatic attribution of a place which has been placed on a person
    Here is my location_id code, can I put it directly on it ?

Thanks for the help

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2024-02-27

If you want to derive it from the caller / person, you can actually use an AttributeExternalField and point to the person; and tell iTop to use their location_id instead. The external key would be caller_id; with the external attribute location_id (of the caller).

Also, for convention it's easiest to use the same logic as Combodo. I always advise using English in the datamodel (field names, IDs); and using translations to show for instance the French version :)

• kpelaz

kpelaz - 2024-02-28

I use an externalkeyfield because I have employees who travel to many cities so that they have the possibility of choosing many cities that I will put later but that the main one is proposed by default instead to leave a blank

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2024-03-01

Hello,
    I'm not sure I fully understand the logic here ? When the user creates a UserRequest, the new location field should be assigned to the user's default value, and that UserRequest location field should be editable ?

• kpelaz

kpelaz - 2024-03-04

In location I already have the cities that I create but when I create a ticket the city that I assigned to a user is not by default as shown in the screenshot

• kpelaz

kpelaz - 2024-03-04

here the capture sorry