Menu

Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE failed.

2022-10-12
2022-12-05
  • Apurv Singh Manral

Hi Team,

I'm getting the below error while creating a new IMAP connection

Failed to initialize the mailbox: xyz@xyz.com. Reason: Cannot connect to IMAP server: '{outlook.office365.com:993/imap/ssl}Inbox', with credentials: 'xyz@xyz.com'/***'

Array ( [0] => Retrying PLAIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE failed. [1] => Retrying PLAIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE failed. [2] => Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE failed. )

Thanks & Regards
    Apurv Singh Manral

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2022-10-12

What is the version of your iTop + Mail to Ticket Automation extension?

• Apurv Singh Manral

Hi Jeffery,

Thanks for your reply I'm using iTop version 2.7 and for the Mail to Ticket Automation extension 3.5.1

Thanks & Regards
    Apurv Singh Manral

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2022-10-13

You'll need to add more details - but did you set everyhing up to use OAuth 2.0 / Modern authentication (requires at least iTop 2.7.7; would need to check but likely Mail to Ticket 3.6.0) to authenticate to MS Office 365?

• Apurv Singh Manral

Hi jeffery,

Now we're using itop 2.7.7 and mail to ticket 3.6.0 and we've successfully integrated with gmail but we are facing issue while connecting to MS Office 365.

2022-10-18 09:53:08 | Debug | 1 | GetAuthorizationUrl for OAuthClientAzure::3 | OAuth
    2022-10-18 09:53:12 | Debug | 1 | GetDisplayAuthenticationResults for OAuthClientAzure::3 | OAuth
    2022-10-18 09:53:12 | Error | 1 | Required parameter not passed: "code" | IssueLog

in error log we're getting this message

• Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2022-12-01

Hi Jeffery,

I'm getting the below error and also email to ticket creation extension is not working. i did not able to understand like 2 months ago these both (IMAP server & Extension ) service was working fine. but now it is not working.

Itop Version - 3.0

Failed to initialize the mailbox: servicedesk@india.nec.com. Reason: Cannot connect to IMAP server: '{imap-mail.outlook.com:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}Inbox', with credentials: 'xyz@.abc.com'/'*'

Array ( [0] => Retrying PLAIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE failed. [1] => Retrying PLAIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE failed. [2] => Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE failed. )

IF anyone have the solution of this error please answer it.

Thanks
    Rohit Kushwaha

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2022-12-05

Have you properly set up OAuth 2.0?