Menu

Attachment Table

Tim Canty
2024-02-22
2024-03-01
  • Tim Canty

Tim Canty - 2024-02-22

Hi iTop Community,
    One of our iTop systems we are running as an attachment table of 32gb, I was wondering if anybody has had a bloated attachment table, and if they found a way to decrease this, either by archiving old attachments off or anything like that? If so how you went about it?

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2024-02-29

I missed this topic, but it's an interesting one.

The main question would be: do you still need those attachments (for historical reference)? What would you like to do with them? Remove them altogether, export them to a different place?

👍
  • Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2024-03-01

Hello,
    Indeed interesting subject.
    Is your concern solely about disk space or also did you measure performance impacts ?

Note I've just added a script to export attachments in the toolkit, thanks to the Econocom client sponsoring the dev : https://github.com/Combodo/itop-toolkit-community/commit/19ae3706f87f91d6212035119c77847cde40c135

• Tim Canty

Tim Canty - 2024-03-01

Hi Both, if I'm honest the initial concern was around disk usage, and the backup process with this been so large. And the interface is becoming sluggish from what i understand to be the database size, I need to touch base with the department this itop instance is running for. But I suspect we would probably would to more remove any from any dates before a certain date or something along that kind of lines. Will take a look at the script you have done, does that just export the attachments and leave them in the database?

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2024-03-01

Hello Tim,
    Indeed the script just reads and doesn't delete anything.
    When the decision will be made to which data to remove and backup made, you'll be able to query the objects either in iTop or directly in your DB : attachments as stored as plain iTop objects (Attachment)