Menu

Send notifications from two different email addresses

2024-08-06
2024-08-07
  • Martin Guzman

Martin Guzman - 2024-08-06

Hello. Not sure if this has been asked before but I was not able to find anything related to it.

I was searching for if it was possible to send Notifications from multiple email addresses within the same instance of iTop. For example, we have two email addresses configured in iTop that receive the messages and create the tickets (Email 1 and Email 2).
    For the moment, we have only one of them (Email 1) sending the notifications for updates, closure, assignment, etcetera.
    We would like to be able to send Notifications from both of them (Email 1 and Email 2).
    We don't know if the values for email_transport_smtp in General Configuration can be duplicated to add another entry or if something else must be done,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Regards!

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2024-08-06

When using OAuth 2.0, it's not possible in iTop as far as I know.

I had two customers ask me the same thing; not sure if Combodo is interested in supporting it, or if they'd consider a pull request.

• Vincent @ Combodo

No it is not possible, but you can configure the "From (label)" and the "Reply to (email)" email address on the various Email Notifications, so it looks like coming from 2 different sources and for sure the replies will go to 2 different addresses

• Martin Guzman

Martin Guzman - 2024-08-07

Thank you very much for all the info. With this we now know how to proceed.
    Regards!