Menu

iTop Installation in Japanese Language / change Eng to Jap

2023-08-04
2023-08-04
  • Rohit Kushwaha

Rohit Kushwaha - 2023-08-04

Hi Team,

i hope you are doing well. i just want to know that can i install the itop in japanes version and suppose i have installed itop in english version but now i want to change it into Japanes language then how can i achive this and what is the japanes language % ratio like as english version we have 100% ratio in English.

i did not want to do this from preferances.

thanks in advance . waiting for your reply.

• Vincent @ Combodo

Test it fgirst with preference, to see what is the japanese language coverage, I have no clue how good or bad it is. My feeling is that it is rather incomplete, as we don't have any japanese customer nor community contributor on github.
    If you want to change your entire iTop to be in Japanese, then search for a configuration parameter which sets the iTop default language, I don't remember its name, but there is one.
    When a translation does not exist in the required language, iTop fall back is to use english in all cases. So you will have a mixed of japanese and english.

• Rohit Kushwaha

Hi ,

i have already change the default language Eng to JP in the " iTop Configuration file ". the result was that when i log off from the itop then a login page was occure where i can see the japanes language on the login page itself but when i have loged in into itop , the same english version is occuring .

so is there any other possiblitied to changes the language in JP but not via preferances setting.

• Guillaume Lajarige

Hello Rohit,

The config parameter Vincent is talking about can be found here.

If you want to improve the japanese dictionary, feel free to contribute via a PR on GitHub!
    (In the coming months we should launch a dedicated translation platform to ease translations from the community :) )

Hope this helps,
    Guillaume

• Rohit Kushwaha

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply . i have gone through you link given link but the links is all define for configuration parameter and i have already change the default language from English to JP but nothing is changing after you login again into iTop.

any other workaround if you have , i appreciate it.

thanks in advance.

• Vincent @ Combodo

If nothing has changed, then you must check what is your own language in the preference setting, probably it is still english, in which case that setting takes over the default iTop one, which is used at User creation, but your User was already created when you have changed the global param.
    The login screen does not know who you are, so use the default iTop language, but once logged, the user preference applies.

Last edit: Vincent @ Combodo 2023-08-04
  • Guillaume Lajarige

Yeah, that would mean that you already changed your preferences so for you the default language no longer applies.

All users that changed their language preferences in the past would have to change it again.