Menu

Installation on shared Hosting - Existing database Not able to proceed

DJM
2023-11-09
2024-03-01
  • DJM

DJM - 2023-11-09

I am trying to install on a shared hosting platform.

All files have been uploaded to the webserver and the MariaDB has been created. On The Database configuration page I have successfully connected to the localhost DB.
    My DB user does not have database creation rights (shared hosting limitation) so I need to use the option to use an existing database which is correctly listed, However....

Issue is that I cannot proceed since the "next" option in the wizard is greyed out and I cannot proceed with the installation wizard when I select the use existing DB dropdown. If I select the create new DB clearly the install fails since my DB User does not have the rights.

Any advice?

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2023-11-09

To be clear: you do see the existing DB dropdown?

• DJM

DJM - 2023-11-09

yes

• Pierre Goiffon

Pierre Goiffon - 2023-12-01

Hello,
    What iTop version are you running ?
    What DB + version, what php version ?

• DJM

DJM - 2024-02-21

Trying to do a fresh install of iTop 3.1.1-1
    Onto a Pre-existing Maria DB Server version: 10.4.17-MariaDB
    running php 8.1.22
    looking at the pre-requisites the only waring is about file size post_max_size (64M) in php.ini but not an impediment to install - I can amend this later. All other items are green and good.

My DB user does not have database creation rights (shared hosting limitation) so I need to use the option to use an existing database which is correctly listed, However....

Issue is that I cannot proceed since the "next" option in the wizard is greyed out and I cannot proceed with the installation wizard when I select the use existing DB dropdown. If I select the create new DB the next button becomes available but clearly the install fails since my DB User does not have the rights to create a new user.

I have previously tried to do an upgrade of a previous installation with the same outcome - have decided to start from scratch but cannot get past this step...