Menu

Incoming email inboxes not working after moving server

2021-09-11
2021-09-20
  • Mark McElhenny

Mark McElhenny - 2021-09-11

We have moved our production instance of iTop2.4.1 to a new Ubuntu 16.04 server everything has conected fine except our incoming mailboxes for the ticketing system. Details are all the same as the system on the old server however when I go to mailbox content I get the following message:

Failed to initialize the mailbox: phi.handshake_help@favors.com. Reason: Cannot connect to IMAP server: '{outlook.office365.com:993/imap/ssl}', with credentials: 'phi*help@favors.com'/'**'

The mailbox is empty

Array ( [0] => TLS/SSL failure for outlook.office365.com: SSL negotiation failed )

On the old server it simply says 'The mailbox is empty'.

Is there a config file within ubuntu that needs configuring? I've checked the Openssl is installed. and stuggling to find any differences between the two installs.

• Mark McElhenny

Mark McElhenny - 2021-09-11

Last edit: Mark McElhenny 2021-09-13
  • Mark McElhenny

Mark McElhenny - 2021-09-14

Anyone able to help with this please as I'm really struggling to see why its not working. I've even added the novalidate-cert line to no avail.

• Mark McElhenny

Mark McElhenny - 2021-09-14

Anyone able to help with this please as I'm really struggling to see why its not working. I've even added the novalidate-cert line to no avail.

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2021-09-20

Have you tried using the IMAP novalidate-cert option in the IMAP options in the iTop configuration file?

• Mark McElhenny

Mark McElhenny - 2021-09-20

Hi Jeffrey, as my last post yes tried it and still no good. I tried running the OpenSSL command with a connection to to outlook.office365.com and on the old server it works but on the new server it fails. I've attached some screenshots of both.