Menu

OAUTH2.0 Issues

2022-09-17
2022-12-07
  • Mark McElhenny

Mark McElhenny - 2022-09-17

We have upgraded our production system to 2.7.7 and everything is working fine including our standard email to ticket inbox. I have created the OAUTH2 in both itop and Azure and generated the token. I've the created the the OAUTH2.0 mailbox (Same inbox that's setup for the standard inbox) and when I go the mailbox content it says:

Failed to initialize the mailbox: ?????@???.com. Reason: cannot change folder, maybe it does not exist

Initially I left the mail box (For IMAP) blank like my standard mailbox, then tried INBOX but nothing works.

Seems someone else reported the same issue 3 days ago:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/itop/discussion/922361/thread/79411ab70a/

• Giorgio Maggiolo

Hi Mark,
    I was stuck with your same problem, but there is a passage in the Microsoft documentation that is pretty difficult to see.
    After the app registration creation and the first sync, you should go to API permissions (in the App registration) and add the mail-related permissions to the one configured.
    BR,
    Giorgio

• Giorgio Maggiolo

BTW, when you create the token, be sure to use the credentials of the mail you're using and not of a global admin. As far as it worked on our installation, the token is created ONLY for the account you are using to authorize the operation

• Mark McElhenny

Mark McElhenny - 2022-09-19

Giorgio thank you. Your 2nd post is what our issue was, we were logged in as our own accounts as the mailbox account does not have access to azure. Logged out of office.com and logged back in with the mailbox credentials went back to iTop and regenerated a new token and everything is now working fine. I'll make sure to note that for future! Thanks again as it was a concern with two weeks until MS pull the plug!

• Giorgio Maggiolo

Glad to be helpful :D
      We're all on the same boat ;)
      I'm having some problems with the notification to the customer (some "Errors: Some recipients were invalid." when email sent to the user), but probably due to our installation.

• Jimmy Tavárez

Jimmy Tavárez - 2022-11-03

I'm actually a step back. We have upgraded our production system to 3.02. I have created the OAUTH2 in both itop and Azure and when we click generate token we get the login page. We type the credentials and afterwards the pop up window dissapears and still get "No Access token"

Last edit: Jimmy Tavárez 2022-11-03
    • Shorty1

Shorty1 - 2022-12-07

Please open this site in a private tab and then run "recreate token" -> after that a window should appear where you need to login to office365 to enter your credentials (for this mailbox where you want to fetch mails from).
      This should create a vaild token otherwise check appid, secret and return path.

• Jeffrey Bostoen

Jeffrey Bostoen - 2022-12-07

I'd also recommend setting the advanced scope to the settings which are visible in one of the screenshots of Combodo's documentation: https://www.itophub.io/wiki/page?id=2_7_0%3Aadmin%3Aoauth