Any Chance at a Leopard Update?

2007-07-02
2013-04-22
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Nobody/Anonymous

It would appear that iScroll is not compatible with Mac OS X version 10.5 Leopard (beta 9A466).  D'oh!

• Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker - 2007-07-08

I don't have access to Leopard, so there won't be a Leopard-compatible version of iScroll2 until I do.

• Nobody/Anonymous

The world is incomplete without a Leopard-compatible version of iScroll2.

• Nobody/Anonymous

yes pleeease have a look at leopard compatibility. My powerbook is suddenly handicapped without your iscroll!

Do you have a time frame for a possible Update?

• Nobody/Anonymous

please do an update!! :-)

love ur work!

• Nobody/Anonymous

• Nobody/Anonymous

There are thousands of us who feel handicapped without your iScroll. It's the best.
      Could you let us know if you intend to continue development in the short term?
      Thanks

• Nobody/Anonymous

I am also greatly missing Iscroll on leopard. I totally forgot that it wasn't part of my computer to begin with. Thank you so much for you past work. Iscroll has increased my performance greatly in the past.

• Nobody/Anonymous

same mmessage than others! : many thanks for your work. Got lost without scroll since yesterday when I installed Leopard!!!!!!

N

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ahhhhhhh, me too. I love your app and feel lost on my ibook w/o it in Leopard. Thanks for your hard work!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Same here... I am almost ready to go back to Tiger I have grown so accustomed to it. I thank you so very much for iscroll!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just deleted leopard from my powerbook, because using it without iscroll sucks, now I'm using tiger again. thanks for your work so far, iscroll2 not working under leopard is a real showstopper for the OS...

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm also close to going back to Tiger. iScroll is the one thing I miss.

• Nobody/Anonymous

So do I. I miss so much my two fingers scroll, and I hope that You will be able to support us with the new version of your amazing app.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Yep, same for me - any work on iScroll for Leopard would be greatly appreciated. Vielen Dank, Lukas

• Nobody/Anonymous

I love your app too! I'd pay for have it runnable in Leopard!

• Nobody/Anonymous

me too!

• Nobody/Anonymous

The problem appears to be that the system is not ready to run the iScroll2Daemon at the point when the Startup Item is executed.  I get the following in /var/log/system.log:

Oct 28 15:49:07 mythril SystemStarter[33]: The following StartupItems were not attempted due to failure of a required service:
         Oct 28 15:49:07 mythril SystemStarter[33]: /Library/StartupItems/iScroll2

if you type

sudo /Library/StartupItems/iScroll2/iScroll2 start

in a terminal window it will start the daemon and enable the save/restore function.  You only need to do that once after rebooting.

This problem doesn't appear to be an iScroll2 specific one.  I have an M-Audio sound device driver that fails to load at boot time but will start successfully by hand.  It would seem that Leopard is trying to load 3rd party device drivers too soon in the process.

• Nobody/Anonymous

>I have an M-Audio sound device driver that fails to load at boot time but will start successfully by hand.

Which device would that be? I have an Ozonic and the latest drivers (1.8.2, if I'm not mistaken) load and work fine.

Re iScroll2: Could someone, perhaps, recompile it from the source in XCode 3.0 on Leopard?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Also looking forward to a working iScroll2!  My Powerbook G4 got so much harder to use after Leopard.  Thanks for your fantastic work in the past-- it made using my mac such a better experience :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

so it works, if you start it up manually? please confirm, because I don't want to get trought the wohl leopard installations process for nothing...

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi everybody,

yes, I can confirm, that iScroll 2 works on Leopard!

Just type in the command (from above) in the Terminal after Mac OS X 10.5 fully booted up: sudo /Library/StartupItems/iScroll2/iScroll2 start

Of course we would also really appreciate a clean Leopard-Version of iScroll! It is the best add-on for Mac OS X out there!!! We can't do without it!!!

Thank you very much, Daniel, for your work!

Cheers,
      squirrel

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just installed iScroll2 from the package and upon restart I got a kernel panic. This happened to me right after I installed leopard then I repaired permissions and then reinstalled. Seems to me like maybe there is an actual problem with iScroll2 at least on my PowerBookG4 1.5GHz. Can anyone tell me how to uninstall iScrool2 manually?

Thanks!

• Nobody/Anonymous

People having kernel panics: Boot holding the Shift key down (safe boot mode). It'll take a little longer than usual. Then uninstall iScroll2 using its uninstaller. Then reboot as usual. Then install iScroll2 again. Reboot as usual again. Now you can try your CLI startup tricks.

I haven't upgraded to Leopard yet, but I do have to do this every time a Tiger update comes out. I believe this has to do with kext caches.

Tell me if this workaround makes a difference on 10.5.

Cheers!

• Nobody/Anonymous

I just posted above at 2007-10-29 14:43 and rereading the post it might be misinterpreted. What I meant to say is that the kernel panic that I got just now after installing iScroll2 on an otherwise functional leopard install did exactly what leopard did the first time I tried to install leopard on Saturday.

I am going to try to uninstall iScroll2 manually in single user mode to resurrect my computer.

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks