Windows Vista and Windows 7 no longer support the old help system used by gnuplot (out of the box). See bug report 2849723.
This patch introduces changes needed to use the (slightly more) modern HTML help system instead. You will need the Microsoft Html Help Workshop to compile. It's available at:
The projectfile config/win/wgnuplot.hhp and the MinGW makefile.mgw currently assume output to config/win as proposed by HBB.
This patch includes changes to gnuplot.doc so please check for side effects on other platforms.
List of changes:
* docs/doc2html.c: new file; conversion program for Windows HTML help, creates html file including automatic splitting of topics, index entries, xrefs and images created by plotstyles.gnu + separate html file for the table of contents
usage: doc2html gnuplot.doc wgnuplot.html wgnuplot.hhc
* docs/gnuplot.doc: revised html front page; commented out some old html links and anchors; add html tables
* docs/win/wgnuplot.hhp: new project file for the HTML Help compiler hhc
compile with: 'hhc wgnuplot.hhp' to create wgnuplot.chm
* docs/win/wgnuplot.hhk: new file; empty "stub" index file. Real index is created automatically during run of help compiler hhc
* docs/win/wgnuplot.hhk: new file; negative list for search index (caution: maximum size 512 bytes according to microsoft docs)
* docs/win/plotstyles.gnu: modified version of Ethan's script which produces PNG images instead of PDF files
(should probably be merged)
* src/command.c, src/win/winmain.c: use html help system, including a fix for toc display
* config/makefile.mgw: include commands to build html help
Log in to post a comment.