Could somebody with a Mac and/or Linux system with editline please
verify the attached patches?
It contains several fixes for using gnuplot with libedit (version 2.11,
2008-06-14) on Ubuntu 10.04. I believe all recent flavours of Debian
also include this version. I hope it does not break anything for the
more recent version used on Macs.
Did anybody else observe the issues described below?
The following issues should be fixed:
1) cannot change editline settings via .editrc
* plot.c(main): init rl_library_name before first call to editline,
otherwise .editrc does not work
2) history gets "out of sync" when issuing a command that is already in
history and not the last (command.c:rlgets)
* command.c(rlgets): removing duplicate entries from history does not
work with editline, so just avoid adding same command repeatedly
3) "history ?..." does not find anything (although it should)
* history.c(history_find_all): editline's version of history_set_pos()
does not work, so traverse history list manually. Also, history indices
are reversed wrt GNU readline
4) "history n" prints one item less than when using readline
* history.c(write_history_list): editline's version of history_get()
uses zero based indices
5) some libedit related code "cleanup"
* command.c(history_command): mention editline in message for missing
* history.c: use ANSI C definitions
* readline.c(getc_wrapper): generalize code for libeditline
* gp_hist.h: fix typo
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.