I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8.
I downloaded and installed Aqua Term and exported the relative
I downloaded and uncompressed gnuplot-4.4.0-rc1.tar.gz
I followed the instructions contained in the config/MacOSX subdirectory (pasted at the bottom).
By running bash script createdist.sh a dmg image was built. I double-clicked on the dmg image and GNUplot 4.0 executable was created. However both the Demo and Doc folders are empty and GNUplot does not run by clicking on its icon.
How come ? I have both Aqua Term and X11 installed ...
Thank you in advance for your help,
Gnuplot 4.0.0 for Mac OS X
This distribution contains the following:
• a standard double-clickable installer (gnuplot.pkg) that will install gnuplot 4.0.0 and supporting files in /usr/local
• documentation in PDF-format and an FAQ, a README file and copyright information in the folder Docs — drag the folder/files to a location of your choice
• demo files in the folder Demo — drag the folder/files to a location of your choice
This version of gnuplot requires that you have AquaTerm? and X11 installed. The installer will continue with the installation even if the requirements aren't satisfied. Gnuplot will however fail to run until the dependencies are resolved.
Get AquaTerm? 1.0 from http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net
Install X11 from your Mac OS X install CD, or see http://www.apple.com/macosx for more info.
To make AquaTerm? the default, set the environment variable GNUTERM to aqua, e.g.:
1) in bash: export GNUTERM=aqua
2) in tcsh: setenv GNUTERM aqua
Please report any problems to http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net
Log in to post a comment.