Menu

Gilead still alive ?

Eric Brun
2011-05-11
2013-04-25
  • Eric Brun

Eric Brun - 2011-05-11

Hi, I use Gilead (and Hibernate4gwt) since a while but I can't see a new version or any commit your svn repository.
    So I would known if your are deal wiht this project yet.
    My project use it strongly and I wait for a new version with included new GWT 2.3 features (RPC security / RequestFactory or just compatiblity)

I hope this project still alive.
    Tell me if not !

Thanks a lot for your attention

Eric Brun Pentila - FRANCE

• Bruno Marchesson

Hello Eric,

Unfortunately, Gilead must now be considered as an inactive project (I just updated its sourceforge status). Many reasons can explain this situation :
         - I have not work on a GWT or Flex project since more than one year. As a consequence, my motivation decreased with the lack of personal application of the library,
         - Alternates solution now exist : GWT is now bundled with RequestFactory, and GraniteDS also handles Hibernate entities transfert between Java and Flex side.

Of course, if somebody want an access to the official SVN (to commit Hibernate 3.6 patch for example), I will be happy to add it as official member of the team.

Best Regards
    Bruno

• Eric Brun

Eric Brun - 2011-05-16

Hello,

Thanks for your reply

Cheers

Eric

• majdobeid

majdobeid - 2012-04-19

hi Bruno

Can i use gilead with GWT 2.4 or not ???

• Eric Brun

Eric Brun - 2012-04-19

Hi majdobeid,

Yes you can use it with gwt 2.4

Eric

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-11-28

I'm interested in helping maintain this project.  Can you please add me as a dev?

• Ryan Shillington

Sorry, I thought my google OpenID was attached to my SF account but it wasn't.  Can you please add me (lord_zex) as a developer?

Also, do you have the original web pages for the site?  I'll put them back up somewhere.

• Diego Asth

Diego Asth - 2013-01-10

hi Bruno,
    now that we have JavaFX and ApachePivot, isn't it a good idea to have a port to these frameworks? I use Gilead for 4 years now with GWT (1.7) and a plan to migrate my front and to ApachePivot.. Gilead is simples to use, configure and it just works. Please think in reactivate Gilead and por it to ApachePivot. Thank you in advance.