Error in DNS queries Logic

Mat
2016-05-11
2016-08-09
  • Mat

    Mat - 2016-05-11

    Marc,
    I started getting these "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX: added: unknown" entires after the last update, for host that have valid DNS entries. This is affecting both the web updates and perl scripts for me.
    I have traced it back to this line in the code for DNS errors [[ if ( $dns_error eq "NOERROR" ) { ]], it appears as though "NOERROR" is no longer a return value and is instead blank [dns_error: ].
    I can also provide you with a Perl script to show this in action, if you need it.
    If you need anything else please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Mat

    [[ if ( $dns_error eq "NOERROR" || !$dns_error ) { ]]

     
  • Marc Uebel

    Marc Uebel - 2016-05-11

    Thanks a lot for reporting that issue, Mat. I will have a look and tell you something.
    Marc

     
  • Marc Uebel

    Marc Uebel - 2016-08-09

    Mat, your fix will be added to the next update.
    Thanks a lot.
    Marc

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks