Menu

GC Studio - Feedback and Support Thread

Anobium
2022-01-31
2024-01-12
<< < 1 2 3 4 .. 22 > >> (Page 2 of 22)
  • Angel Mier

Angel Mier - 2022-02-09

already tested the 7zip binary and it is a 32bit.
    can you share your OS version and platform (32 bit/ 64 bit)?

i also tested a new installation of CGB whit version 0.01 of PoC and it updates correctly on my end.

in any case, I zipped a clean current version 0.03:
    https://www.aritaconsultores.com/GCB/GC%20Studio%20PoC%200.03.zip

let me know if issues persist.

• William Roth

William Roth - 2022-02-10

I am using Windows 10 Pro Ver 21H2 ( 64bit)
    Great Cow Basic Ver 1083 (64-bit) Complete Install

I downloaded the new zip and tried again.

Splash screen opens for about 5 secs then closes. Does nothing else.

Does not launch a GUI.
    Nothing ....

Last edit: William Roth 2022-02-10
  • Angel Mier

Angel Mier - 2022-02-10

(Deleted previous post to avoid confusion)
    I was able to reproduce the issue on a virtual machine whit a clean install of win10, it was caused because the integrated browser for bug report needed vs2013 c++ runtime, as i don't want to add to many runtime, i removed that functionality, now wen you press the report bug button your default browser will open the report bug page.

I'm really sorry for the hassle William, i hope that you have time to test this new version.

For people whit installations of GCstudio a clean installation of this version is advised (update will work without problems, but many files where removed, so a clean install will prevent storing unused files)

Link to new version 0.04:
    https://www.aritaconsultores.com/GCB/GC%20Studio%20PoC%200.04.zip

In any case update will be available.

Full Change Log:
    http://www.aritaconsultores.com/GCBbug/changelog_page.php

Last edit: Angel Mier 2022-02-10
  • Anobium

Anobium - 2022-02-10

@All - all good here with 0.04 (and previous).

I am reporting all bugs via the tracker.

• William Roth

William Roth - 2022-02-10

Installed version .04. I have a GUI now.

Thanks.

@Angel.
    There is no need to apologize when things don't work as expected the first time. They seldom do. This kind of effort takes time and testing to get everything sorted.

I am glad you are here and a part of the "Team"

William

• stan cartwright

stan cartwright - 2022-02-10

I installed .04 on win 10 64bit. Unzipped into GCB@syn and got the screen. For feedback.

• stan cartwright

New gcbasic folder?

• stan cartwright

Chose a file. Hope my feedback any use or am I not helping? Any testers better than none even if not the brightest.

• stan cartwright

How did I write code in black and white? sorry, can't help the sarcasm.

• stan cartwright

I pick a file and open it. Nice "Dark theme" if intended. What next to try. Just user testing.
    I connected a lgt328 but where is the program flash hex button? Sorry dim tester.

Last edit: stan cartwright 2022-02-10
    • Anobium

Anobium - 2022-02-10

Watch the video.

• stan cartwright

I re-watched the video and lost the plot at the vs studio stuff.
        The program "works" but not a clue to how to "use an alternative ide"
        Topic is letting me use an alternative ide, like what is there, notepad++ .geany, mousepad on rpi twisteros?
        I'm just trying to test Angels's work on win 10 64bit... his video looks like win 11.
        Angel... allow for the fact that not all gcb users are clever :) I think you are doing a great job.
        It is all an idea that I need to be sold. ie. I got by without this so what difference will it make to my gcb coding? A fair question.
        An easy way to integrate a different ide to be as easy as using the standard gcb ide would be "handy" but this is more than that. What it is I can't figure.
        Sorry my replies are not sycophantic applause, Angel said all feed back welcome,
        I seem to be missing the point of this as far as win gcb coding goes. Enlighten me please.

• stan cartwright

Evan... you have written loads of excellent libs and example demos... what did you use to write them?

• Anobium

Anobium - 2022-02-11

Notepad .. lots of editors until SynWrite came along.
      SVN is very important to my development process.

I lost more files in SynWrite than anyone else, until I figured out that buffer was crashing the editor (took two years to find). I then hacked SynWrite in a hex editor to remove unrelated menu items. Remember, SynWrite is unsupported.

To have SynWrite with a good LEX took years to collate. LEX is edited in NotePad.

Same for the Help which needs to edited in ATOM. And, there is huge toolchain to support the production of the Help.

So, I use a mix of tools. To have one like GCCode will save everyone hours and it is supported.

• stan cartwright

Seriously ... gcb code in colour. Never seen any. I would never have thought or used that,

• stan cartwright

• Angel Mier

Angel Mier - 2022-02-11

Stan:
    In GC Code you can change the theme in config to any you want, there are lots of themes.
    you can use themes from the store
    even in one of your screen captures when you first opened GC Code it gives you the option to use the clear theme.

Also, the first and most important idea of this system is to give OPTIONS for the end user, GC Code as an vscode clone will give you huge amounts of customization, option panel is enormous and is meant to be used by the search function, the ide is meant to be used whit commands whit F1 key, very powerful and a lot of other things.

and, well i recon that this IDE will be no easy for every one, that's why i want to give OPTIONS, you can select the GCB default ide (SynWrite) in the config panel of the wizard (wrench icon on top right corner) and can get updates, the wizard and synwrite.

don't want the wizard? well it will be an option to get updates and use synwrite directly.

don't want anything new and want the old and true GCB implementation?, you can do it too.

and every desire or preference is right and true; its something personal.

also remember that GC Code will give very powerful tools for advanced users and more complex projects. Every one will like a different flavor of GCB, every one as you say will want a different color of GCB; the thing is that currently we have only one flavor, one color; lets give users more, lets give options to enjoy. and give it Out of The Box.

That is my personal point of view, your mileage may vary.

Thank you for testing and for your time, its invaluable for me, i need to get feedback from all use cases.

attached Clear Theme example.

• Angel Mier

Angel Mier - 2022-02-11

Evan:
    Thank you for all your time and support, all your help, I really appreciate it.

William:
    I am glad it is working for you now, remember to report any bug if you have the time, also thank you for your comments.

Greetings to all.

Angel

• Anobium

Anobium - 2022-02-11

No. Thank you for leading this.

• stan cartwright

stan cartwright - 2022-02-11

@Angel. I think your project will be of benefit for many gcb users. I am impressed.
    I am slow to learn new software. I tend to learn the minimum to use it.
    Again, good work and thank you for your effort.
    If you do not use linux yourself maybe leave the linux version for last.
    I'd like to know the percentage of gcb win users compared to gcb linux users.

• Anobium

Anobium - 2022-02-13

An update. So, far this is an impressive IDE.

Angel is working the tooling and I have been updating the user experience. So, far we have been able to fully integrate all the existing SynWrite 'way of working' except press 'f1' on a key work to get specific Help (I am sure I can fix this!).

The editor is highly useable with colors, same key strokes as SynWrite and lots more like SVN integration.

I have create a quick video to show the some the user experience. Sorry about the volume... use your volume control... :-)

https://youtu.be/zGRkf4J4YZk

Last edit: Anobium 2022-02-13
    • mkstevo

mkstevo - 2022-02-13

I have to say this does look very good. I will have to take the time to download it and explore.

Thanks to Angel, Anobium and anyone else who has contributed to the project. Really appreciate all your efforts.

• Anobium

Anobium - 2022-02-13

Wait a week until we have the top level application UI sorted.

0.04 is not ready for testing as I have part of the here in the UK, and, Angel has other parts in the Americas.

• mkstevo

mkstevo - 2022-02-13

I will be waiting until I have a "free" weekend when my Wife is at work. Then I can investigate in peace...

• stan cartwright

stan cartwright - 2022-02-13

It's quite impressive software for GCB , tested on Win 10. I like the Franks ide you get with win gcb install. I'm happy with using it.
    This does give other options but not what I thought like use Geany or notepad++ which I think can be linked to a compiler. I thought that was its purpose, maybe not as Anobiums video shows. It seems to use an ide I never used. It's very interesting, I'll get to Anobium's level and see if it does what the Franks ide does. At the end of the day... is another ide needed? Well an option is welcome but not really needed in my 5 cents worth.
    Thanks to Angel for the work. I was thinking linux and this would setup geany for me. Not really, gcb linux no fun

<< < 1 2 3 4 .. 22 > >> (Page 2 of 22)