Menu

FreeMind as Eclipse Plugin ?!

BenLear
2007-10-12
2023-11-24
  • BenLear

BenLear - 2007-10-12

Hello free minds !

I want to renew the question John J. Sung asked two years ago, because it is really a great idea  :
    has there been any efforts since then transcribing the great freemind program into an eclipse plugin ? It would be so useful for many eclipse projects to have the mindmap right at your hand.

If nobody really made an attempt  it, I would like to try it !
    Maybe there are developers (freemind and eclipse-plugin developers) out there supporting this idea. Than please let us get in contact and setting it up! It is not impossible.

Thanks in advance for your support :),

ben

benjamin_lear at users sourceforge net

• Fish

Fish - 2007-10-12

I support your idea.

email: fishandfly at gmail.com

• Heirophant

Heirophant - 2007-10-13

Actually, the opposite makes more sense.  Freemind should support richer text editting and an easier way to enter a command/compilation mode, possibly as a forking method from the export module.  Then integration with a standard debugger like gdb would naturally follow.

• Kyle Zimmer

Kyle Zimmer - 2015-05-29

I have to disagree with Heirophant here. Though FreeMind is a great application, eclipse is much more polished, and I couldn't possibly imagine wanting to transfer away from it as a dev environment. I think integrating FreeMind into eclipse is the way to go, and it has already been successfully started. The more integration the better. If Freemind could be made to play with eclipse plugins like SVN and Maven it would be incredibly powerful. I have been working on a fairly complex single page Angular.js app, and having freemind in eclipse would be invaluable for organizing my javascript files.

• DaveE

DaveE - 2023-11-14

I just use freemind to generate the code, it puts it in the clipboard and I pop it into eclipse.
    (yes, I have a plugin that writes the code)

• DaveE

DaveE - 2023-11-24

I now have a plugin that lets me use OSGi plugins in freemind :)
    Ok, so its an OSGi version of the plugin architecture i was already using, but still its pretty neet!
    I am excited!
    the fact that I am posting this on thanksgiving clearly demonstrates that I need to get out more.