Menu

How do you improve Liberty Bell generation?

Help
2018-01-11
2018-01-13
  • Mick McAllister

Mick McAllister - 2018-01-11

When I add Elder Statesmen to a settlement, it REDUCES my Liberty Bell generation! What? Likewise adding all sorts of colonists. Is there a document somewhere that explains the mechanics of this stuff?

• Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf - 2018-01-12

Adding that colonist probably lowered your rebel bonus.

Workers get a production bonus/malus (ranges from -2 to +2) based on the percentage of sons of liberty in a city.
    Simplest way to avoid the malus is to keep cities small .

On the left top of the colony screen, just under the representation of colony terrain & workers you can find info about the bonus for that colony.

Colopedia > concepts > efficiency and chapter 5.1.4 in the manual have some info.

• Joel Snyder

Joel Snyder - 2018-01-13

Lone Wolf is right, addding too many colonist too early lowers your SOL percentage and benefits. If you hover your mouse over the shield on the city display you will get a listing of how many turns until you can add a colonist at the current level, how many turns to 50% and how many turns to 100%. Keep watch of these numbers and you will be able to add colonists to your colony without suffering production drops. I have found that keeping the colony at 50% until I have maxed out the food supply gives me the greatest production capacity. Early goals to max liberty bell generation is to get 1) three colonists producing liberty bells 2) build and upgrade newspaper office 3) replace generic colonist with elder statesmen producing liberty bells.