Menu

How does Custom House work?

Help
randwyck
2011-05-16
2022-08-17
  • randwyck

randwyck - 2011-05-16

I built a Custom House in one of my colonies but can't figure out how it's supposed to sell good to Europe. I skimmed the manual - no info about that. I searched the forum - plenty of questions, but no answers.
    Is it some sacred knowledge?) I don't remember that kind of problem in original Colonization.

• Michael Vehrs

Michael Vehrs - 2011-05-16

Open the warehouse panel and select which goods to export. That is all.

• caladore

caladore - 2022-07-11

I have the same problem, except, I've checked all the boxes for items to be exported. At first I left the values at default. Next turn nothing was exported even though the box was checked and there were more than enough items to be exported. I customized the amount to be exported and still nothing happens. It's not working at all. Maybe this is a bug?

• Gerald DeGraaf

Gerald DeGraaf - 2022-07-30

I had the same problem. The custom house was built, options set and then it seemed to trade for a bit, as I had the gold coming in. Then it stopped. I tried exiting, restarting, and so on, but it doesn't seem to trade.

• Bruno Acosta

Bruno Acosta - 2022-08-17

Then it stopped. I tried exiting, restarting, and so on, but it doesn't seem to trade.

Gerald DeGraaf

Do you have the "Custom House ignore boycott" game rule? If this rule is disabled, when the Crown enforces any boycott of any goods, your Customs will not export any of the boycotted goods while you are still subject to the Crown, I think after you declare independence, you will be able to sell all goods to Europe again, although I'm not sure about that.

It is part of the rule sets defined at the beginning of the game setup, it cannot be changed after the game has started. Then you need to start a new game and check this rule.

Last edit: Bruno Acosta 2022-08-17