I want to continue the discussion from the bug report
"Check return codes everywhere"
about specific details in this request.
1. Would you like that your wrapper for will conform to
the standard "IEEE Std 1003.1, The Open Group Base
Specifications Issue 6"?
Do I get wrong expectations from the instruction
2. There seem to be some limitations.
"[...] Felix uses distinct classes: my design is
better, given a constraint that you can't detach a
thread after it is created. [...]"
3. I would prefer that the abstraction classes should
be separated from the operating system wrappers into an
other file package.
4. How do you deal with the binding specification
'extern "C"' that is required for the "start routine"
5. Does your wait interface for condition variables
provide protection against spurious wakeups?
6. Would you like to add support for spin locks and
7. All accesses to the attribute
"worker_fifo::nthreads" need memory synchronization
8. It is a pity that most class libraries do not fit to
your requirements. (licence, ...)
9. Do you contribute your experience as a member of the
C++ Standardisation committee to the topic "Simplifying
And Extending Mutex and Scoped Lock Types For C++
by Ion Gaztañaga?