Menu

Administrator Privileges

General
2017-12-06
2018-06-27
  • Javier Gonzalez

Javier Gonzalez - 2017-12-06

Hi, its there any way to execute the program without administrator privileges? Or any policy that we can execute?
    Thanks.

• Cesar Mauri-Loba

Hola Javier,

Are you talking about the windows or the linux version?

• Javier Gonzalez

Javier Gonzalez - 2017-12-07

Windows version

• Javier Gonzalez

Javier Gonzalez - 2017-12-22

Hi, any update on the subject of administrator privileges on windows version? Thanks

• Javier Gonzalez

Javier Gonzalez - 2017-12-07

Good Morning, Windows version.

• Cesar Mauri-Loba

Hi Javier,

eViacam asks administrator privileges to be able to perform some privileged actions such as using the onscreen keyboard. eViacam can be run without administrative privileges (not sure if that could be disabled from the .exe or a recompilation is needed), but that will disable such privileged actions.

• Javier Gonzalez

Javier Gonzalez - 2017-12-22

Thanks

• AK

AK - 2018-06-27

Hi
    Has anyone managed to resolve this? I cannot get eviacam to run in a non admin account without the UAC pop up coming up and asking for an admin password.

I have tried changing the properties on the .exe file to "Always run as administrater" but I still get the password pop up.

Not being able to run as a non admin users is preventing us deploying eViacam on our loan computers that we use in rehab centres and high dependency units for people who need it after becoming paralysed.