Menu

Zap2xml

Help
2019-10-15
2021-01-27
<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)
  • Steve

Steve - 2020-01-02

The IP address conflict error isn't EPG collector related. Your computer is telling you that you have 2 or more devices on your network with the same IP address when only 1 unique address per device is allowed. This happens when someone assigns a static IP address to a particular device but then elects to use dynamic addressing for the other devices in their home network without removing the static IP address from the available pool of dynamic addresses. Such an error may or may not cause WMC to crash but I'd start by fixing the IP address error first so that your system at least can access the internet.

• philip

philip - 2020-01-03

Thing is I built the system in 2013, used it with Ceton Infinitiv 4 tuners on Cable network, switched to Hauppage 4 tuners on OTA with Rovi Guide on WMC. Only new recordings on EPG collector guide has this conflict? Previous recordings still play without causing WMC to crash.
    So there is something in the new recordings that may have an IP embedded somewhere?
    How do I go about troubleshooting this?

• Steve

Steve - 2020-01-03

Have you added new devices to your home network lately, like a new PC, smart TV, or wireless printer? If so, did you give any of them static addresses? If so, you need to reconfigure them to get a dynamically assigned address automatically instead of giving said device(s) a static address that never changes

• philip

philip - 2020-01-03

No new devices at all. The only change is the epg collector install since ROVI guide stopped.
    Only new recordings with EPG collector caused the crash. Existing recordings made before EPG collector guide play fine.

• Steve

Steve - 2020-01-03

Well, something had to be added to your network in order to get the IP conflict message such as an IP based web cam or even a new IP based door bell monitoring system. Are you getting that error every time even after rebooting your system ? Bear in mind that even if you resolve the IP address conflict it may not fix the errors with EPG Collector as they're most likely totally unrelated.

• Thomas Misch

Thomas Misch - 2020-01-03

I had the same issue with Windows Media Center crashing after doing the EPG Collector the first time. I ended up trying to not do anything extra with the import. My zap2xml file is very plain, only using options 'N' 'U' 'd' and 'S' and I do not have any boxes checked in the 'General Options' portion of the 'Output' tab in EPG. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Media Center, but I am pretty sure the simplistic nature of the import is what actually fixed my issue.

As for the IP conflict: you may be able to log in to your router and see what IP addresses are currently being used to find what devices are sharing the same IP address.

Last edit: Thomas Misch 2020-01-03
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-01-04

There is no way EPGC can cause an IP conflict.

• Thomas Misch

Thomas Misch - 2020-01-04

To clarify my response: I was referring to the 'Windows Media Center has stopped working' error pictures when I mentioned I had the same issue. I did not have an IP address conflict on my machine at all.

If philip is still having a crashing issue when going to new recordings vs older recordings, try scaling back on the 'fancier' options available as I stated previously.

• philip

philip - 2020-01-04

I checked my router, there was no static IP address.
    I uninstalled WMC, deleted the ehome file, reinstalled WMC.
    No change, WMC still crashed with new recording, old recording plays fine.

Attached are my ouput and imports tabs, based on the guidelines from Steve.

Below is my xml file, how do I change it to be like Thomas'?
    cd c:\zap2xml
    zap2xml -d 14 -F -j -D -I -u

Last edit: philip 2020-01-04
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-01-04

Have you installed the latest fixpack (15) in the Files section on here?

• Steve

Steve - 2020-01-04

The static IP address won't show up in your router. It will be in the device that has the static address, whatever that may be and that's the problem. The router assumes it is giving out dynamic addresses to every device that needs an address, but there's one device on your network that was manually given an address by you or someone else. That static address is one that your router has already set aside for another device and given it out tp another device, hence causing the conflict. You need to check all your devices and ensure they're all configured to get IP addresses dynamically. If you have kids who play games on consoles it's possibe that they've given their console a static address. It could also be a smart TV or any other device on your network causing the conflict. The only way to resolve it is to check every device, not the router.

• Thomas Misch

Thomas Misch - 2020-01-04

Editing zap2xml file should be able to be done in notepad. I think it is the -D option, which will 'include extra program details' that is the issue, as I had the crash scenario after trying to add that option to my file.

When I recently forced my computer to the same IP address as my phone, my computer was showing an IP address completely different from all my other IP addresses (169.x.y.z rather than 192.a.b.c) in the 'attached devices' tab of my router - that was the starting point I was trying to suggest without derailing this thread into a different topic entirely. If you want more help, send me a message directly.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-01-05

You shouldn't have a problem with the extra data from Zap2it if you install fixpack 15. And it definitely enhances the guide.

• philip

philip - 2020-01-06

How can I tell which one is the fixpack 15? They all show EPG Collector V040300 Install.MSI

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-01-06

Sourceforge -> Files -> V4.3 -> EPG Collector v4.3 Fixpack 15.zip

Unzip into your EPG Collector installation directory.

• philip

philip - 2020-01-06

Do I install this over the existing or best to uninstall older version first?
    Then do i have to create new epgcollector.exe?
    Thanks

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-01-06

Just unzip over your existing version.

Not sure what you mean by create new epgcollector.exe. After unzipping you should be good to go. Just run your collection as normal.

• philip

philip - 2020-01-07

Ran into this problem!

• philip

philip - 2020-01-08

So I uninstalled all EPG program, deleted all files and re-download fixpack 15, but still run into the .ini file error when I run the EPG collector. When I try to create a new collection parameter, I get message "the preset task could not be loaded" (pic 1861). When I try to change collection parameter, I get directed to an old EPG collection parameter (pic 1862). Could this be the reason for the .ini error? I could not get to the file location "app data/local/geek zone" in philipt.
    Can anyone help? Thanks

• Chris B

Chris B - 2020-04-04

You need the base files first - install the msi then install the fixpack. The fixpack only contains the "fixed" files - not the entire suite of necessary (support) files for a fully functioning "program". This is outlined in the user guide...if you haven't already done so read the included user guide.

• Chris B

Chris B - 2020-04-04

As far as the IP conflict - your network has the same IP address residing on the network somewhere. Whether a DHCP database has become corrupt or a device that's been statically set - you have an IP conflict. You need to resolve that first as it can cause issues beyond what you're seeing at current time.

• Chris L

Chris L - 2020-05-01

zap2xml install is no longer available on their website, does anyone have a copy that they can share?

• s armstrong

s armstrong - 2020-05-01

Here is just the exe from 12/18. Most recent version I had, and seems to still work fine. No usage info. This is the windows only exe vs perl version. I never had the perl version.

Note: if zap2it changes their site at all this will stop working if it is not being maintained.

Last edit: s armstrong 2020-05-01
  • xyn19

xyn19 - 2020-05-01

Someone must have the Perl version right? If you do please post!

Last edit: xyn19 2020-05-03
<< < 1 2 3 > >> (Page 2 of 3)