Menu

UK Freeview

MCE2012
2014-08-25
2016-10-11
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2015-09-09

The tuning files are about 5 years old so probably out of date for the UK as there have been lots of changes over recent times.

I'll get round to updasting them when I have time.

Not sure what you mean by duplicate.

• Jeremy Bromley

Jeremy Bromley - 2015-09-09

As I explained in an earlier post, I have several "recording" machines on the network, and I was going to try to use a single "source" to update all the machines. Does that make sense?

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2015-09-09

If you have several independent MCE'S you could output the xmltv file to a network drive/share and then import that to each MCE using some other software (eg BSEPG).

• Chris J

Chris J - 2016-01-09

I have been using EPG Collector to extract the UK Freeview EPG for SD channels for some time and it works well. Recently I got a T2 tuner but the data for all the channels on the HD muxes are unreadable being still "encoded" so the work around is to map the SD version of the EPG to the HD channel. The problem is there are now SD channels on the HD mux which dont have a clear version of the EPG available.

The Freesat Huffman option is selected but the EPG listings for channels on the HD are still compressed and unreadable. I did give version 4.3 a try but that didnt decode the HD channels either and had to return to v 4.2 for now as the new "<episode-num system=" names are not compatible with my current post processing scripts which formats the ID data for my PVR software. However that is easy to change and will test it later on my test server.

Is there a setting I have missed?

Chris

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-01-09

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Maybe they have changed the decoding tables.

Can you use EPG Centre to do a transport stream dump? 30 secs should be enough. Upload it somewhere and post the link.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-01-18

Change the character set to undefined. The value you have it set to at the moment is overriding the Huffman decoding and you don't need to select the character set for UK terrestrial anyway.

On v4.2 it's on the Diagnostics tab. On v4.3 you can select the frequency in the list at the bottom of the Tuning tab and press Advanced.

Set the input language to undefined as well. That's not relevant to UK terrestrial either.

• Chris J

Chris J - 2016-01-19

Thanks that cured the problem! Those language settings were probably made a year or two ago well before I got the T2 tuner so had not noticable effect at the time and the ini file was copied over when I rebuilt the server last year.

Thanks again

Chris

• Jeremy Bromley

Jeremy Bromley - 2016-10-07

I'm back again - I've done a new install of EPG Collector as I've had to wipe and reload my WMC system.

I've downloaded version 4.3, but the Hauffman decoding switch seems to have disappeared. It appears to download the majority of the channels, but the BBC HD (and Channel 4 HD) channels all show no guide data.

Any ideas?

PS Steve - thanks for great software and support :)

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-10-08

It's on the dialog that appears when you press Update on the Tuning tab.

You can get to the same dialog by selecting the frequency in the list at the bottom of the Tuning tab and pressing Advanced.

• Jeremy Bromley

Jeremy Bromley - 2016-10-08

'Fraid there's still no data for all these HD channels, apart from a few of them :(

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-10-08

Use EPG Centre to create a transport stream dump of the frequency you use. Upload it somewhere and post the link along with attaching the EPG Collector log file to the post.

• Jeremy Bromley

Jeremy Bromley - 2016-10-09

Last edit: Jeremy Bromley 2016-10-09
  • Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-10-09

A few points.

According to the last run in the log you are using v4.3 without any fixpacks. I suggest you install the latest one (fp6). It has some fixes for Huffman decoding that are possibly relevant to you.

Increase the collection timeout on the Advanced tab. Your collection is timing out after 5 minutes so there are gaps in the data. I'd suggest doubling it to 10 minutes (600 seconds).

The data for the HD channels has been collected and apparently imported into WMC. Have you tried manually mapping the EPG data to the channel for the HD channels in WMC?

• Jeremy Bromley

Jeremy Bromley - 2016-10-10

Thanks Steve, I'll update those items when I get home.

Question though, how do I manually map the EPG data?

Cheers,

JrB

• Chris J

Chris J - 2016-10-10

I am not certain we are talking about the same thing but I use the default 300 sec collection time and only collect on the BBC A Mux and not had problem of missing data. My PVR software is NextPVR and that defaults to collecting for 60 seconds on each mux and that did start to have gaps in the EPG as more channels were added to the epg.

Earier in the year I upgraded to Freesat/Freeview HD and found odd extra punctuation and extra letters in the EPG which Steve found were caused by problems with the decoding and are now cured in later Fix Packs. The tempoary work around in my PVR software was to map the EPG settings so the HD channels used the SD EPG data.

Chris

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-10-10

Click on the channel name in the guide then EDit chanel and Edit listings.

• Jeremy Bromley

Jeremy Bromley - 2016-10-11

Thanks Steve, got it. Channel 4 HD still seems iffy though.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2016-10-11

In what way?

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)