Menu

Downloading beta version

Nimloth2
2007-02-12
2013-04-03
  • Nimloth2

Nimloth2 - 2007-02-12

I downloaded the complete mac version and can't open it. I'm not on a mac but a pc with windows xp. Have I downloaded the wrong one? It was a big download and has gobbled up a lot of my month's bandwidth, so I don't want to delete it just yet. The downloaded file extracts with Stuffit but doesn't produce a folder just a page-like icon with .dmg in the title. I can't open that. Please help!

• NutWifoutARench

NutWifoutARench - 2007-02-12

Think you want the xwin-installer.  Been awhile since I've been active here, unfortunately.  Couldn't tell you if you need that as well as the mac ver or not, but I can tell you that the mac ver + alephone doesn't fly on a PC for EMR, like it does for other maras. 

• Don Merlin

Don Merlin - 2007-07-02

It does now.  :)

• Don Merlin

Don Merlin - 2007-02-12

A .dmg file is a Mac-specific disk image.  I don't know of any way of opening that up on Windows XP (although there may be a utility out there somewhere).  If you manage to figure out how to open up the disk image on Windows, I could give you instructions on what files to add to make it work.  However, the easiest way to get it working on Windows is to download the xwin-installer package.  It comes with a Windows installer (please note, however, that the Windows version is still on 3b8).

If you have bandwidth limit, I would suggest waiting awhile until the final release is out, and then downloading the full EMR Windows installer.

• Nimloth2

Nimloth2 - 2007-02-12

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait for the finished version. Any idea when that will be?

• Don Merlin

Don Merlin - 2007-02-12

Thre's just a few more bugs I need to fix, and then one last run through the entire scenario.  I don't want to say a date, because that puts unnecessary pressure on myself.  :)

• Nimloth2

Nimloth2 - 2007-02-13

OK, no pressure from me ;-). I'm happy to wait. I miss my Mac though *sigh*.

• Don Merlin

Don Merlin - 2007-05-19

The official 3.0 release for Mac has just been released, so the Windows and Linux official releases should be out soon!

• Nimloth2

Nimloth2 - 2007-05-20

Woohoo!!!! The wait is nearly over.

• Nimloth2

Nimloth2 - 2007-07-02

This probably isn't the right place to post this but what the hell.

I just have to say that the wait has been worth it! EMR 3.0 rocks! I'm only half way through and am trying not to play too fast because I don't want it to end. Everything is so much better than when I first played EMR years ago, I love the fog, textures, creatures, everything! What more can I say but thankyou :-).

• Don Merlin

Don Merlin - 2007-07-02

Thanks for the remarks.  Please consider posting your comments on places such as download.com.  :)