[please correct bug metadata if needed]
Hi there - I217-V (rev 04) on a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H.
If WOL is enabled in the UEFI BIOS, and I boot to Linux (Kubuntu 13.04), the first shutdown works fine. Subsequent shutdowns result in a reboot -- usually a second or two after powering off, and only about 90% of the time (the other 10% the system stays shut down).
I've tried using ethtool -s em1 wol X, where X is g, d, etc., and I tried "ifdown em1" before shutting down. Nothing seems to prevent it.
I tried unplugging the net cable from the back of the machine while booted to the desktop, before shutting down -- it still reboots.
I'd like WOL to be enabled and functioning with this installation if at all possible.
Kernel: Linux 3.8.0-25-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 6 20:47:07 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ ethtool -i em1
dmesg output that seemed germane:
[ 0.635316] e1000e: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Driver - 2.1.4-k
[ 0.635318] e1000e: Copyright(c) 1999 - 2012 Intel Corporation.
[ 0.635350] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: setting latency timer to 64
[ 0.635400] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: Interrupt Throttling Rate (ints/sec) set to dynamic conservative mode
[ 0.635428] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: irq 41 for MSI/MSI-X
[ 0.802006] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth0: (PCI Express:2.5GT/s:Width x1) 94:de:80:78:a4:3d
[ 0.802009] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth0: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection
[ 0.802046] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth0: MAC: 11, PHY: 12, PBA No: FFFFFF-0FF
[ 10.156421] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: irq 41 for MSI/MSI-X
[ 10.260279] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: irq 41 for MSI/MSI-X
[ 10.260373] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): em1: link is not ready
[ 11.783884] e1000e: em1 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx
[ 11.783887] e1000e 0000:00:19.0 em1: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO
[ 11.783913] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): em1: link becomes ready
$ sudo ethtool em1
Settings for em1:
Supported ports: [ TP ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
Supported pause frame use: No
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: No
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Port: Twisted Pair
Supports Wake-on: pumbg
Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
drv probe link
Link detected: yes
Seems reminiscent of http://sourceforge.net/p/e1000/bugs/84/
Anything I can try? Thanks!